displaying posts 26 to 38 of 38

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Hesitating/missing ?!?!?
mpieczko

Regular

Post #26
Here's a brief update for anyone who may be interested or having similar problems. This definitely seems to be a fairly common one anyway!

I replaced the TPS and saw no difference. Then I replaced the MAP sensor and this seems to have cured it!

I managed to get a genuine Peugeot/Citroen boxed Bosch sensor for a good price, so I'm a happy boy!
Posted 30th Jun 2012 at 18:35
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
I had a similar problem with the car hesitating and would bog down for a second here and there.
I swapped the MAP for a new bosch MAP a couple of months ago and it's been fine since as well.

Glad you got it sorted Smile

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 30th Jun 2012 at 21:52
mpieczko

Regular

Post #28
It seems that I spoke too soon! The brand new MAP sensor hasn't changed it at all.

I am now thinking that it must be the engine mounts as the gear lever does tend to move around a fair bit at times. It actually doesn't move much when accelerating except in 2nd gear below about 3000rpm. It's like I can feel the whole car wobbling at certain engine speeds and loads. It all seems to be around 2000rpm though.

I guess checkng my top engine mount is the first port of call.

This also means that I have a spare genuine Bosch MAP sensor (1920 9H) if anyone needs one.
Posted 1st Jul 2012 at 11:06
monty-69

Senior User

Post #29
I have a similar problem but ive never had the time to look into it properly. The engine on mine sometimes misfires/shakes mainly when on overrun. Sometimes it will do it at cruising light throttle below 50mph. It is worse when cold but will still do the fault even when hot. The engine runs sweet if you rev it on the spot, no surging. It feels like lack of fuel from one or more injectors. The fault was definately more noticeable when the top mount was chocked, drives much smoother now back to the way peugeot intended.
Tryed map and tps sensors i had knocking around
Fitted vac gauge/ checked for leaks in evap and servo system
Fueling perfect on gas analyser with no engine loads.
Checked engine earth
New icv

The fault seems to go away when on overun and the icv closes down to give more engine breaking, sometimes it takes a while for icv to close on overun and the miss is more noticeable. This could be masking another fault or be due to a speed sensor fault. I wil get to bottom of it sometime this year!Yes
Posted 5th Jul 2012 at 00:22
mpieczko

Regular

Post #30
Monty-69 this does sound very similar to mine. I have also got my top engine mount chocked but I fitted the chocks way before the shakey issues started.

I may, out of interest, see if removing the chocks affects it. If it did make a difference to the shake then I would have much more confidence that it was engine mount related.
Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 10:52
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Could be power steering sensor? Seen these cause all sorts of running problems ? Shaking engine is prob top mount Yes
Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 11:05
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Top mount usualy nocks wen its gone?

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 11:38
monty-69

Senior User

Post #33
I did think the decat was causing it at 1st but have driven others with no problems. I did have my bottom mount/steady rotated 90 degrees and top mount chocked and to be honest it drives better as standard. With the mount chocked it literally felt like an engine mount had come away completely.

I am going to replace the speedo sensor on mine as very rarely the speedo will stop working. Failing that its back to basics, checking fuel pressure/comparing plugs to see if one is running lean, checking wire continuity to ecu. Last resort is injector testing if all the sensors and wires are ok.
Posted 8th Jul 2012 at 17:16
mpieczko

Regular

Post #34
A quick update...

At the weekend I replaced the top engine mount and the LHS mount on the top of the gearbox. It has made a massive difference to the feel of the car. It has stopped the majority of the gear lever movement and removed all of the drivetrain shunt during gear changes. Actually the entire gear change feels a lot tighter now.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a solid chassis well when changing the top mount! Not bad for 110000 miles! It is still early days but now the shakiness seems to have completely disappeared.

It turned out to be a real pig trying to get the brake lines from the ABS unit out of the way to get to the LHS mount, but I'm very happy with the results.

Posted 28th Aug 2012 at 22:41
woody.

Senior User

Post #35
Nice one mate Thumbs up changing the TPS on mine hasn't really helped I don't think. Pretty sure the green coolant temp sensor is on the way out so am replacing this tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Seems that idle/hesitation issues are the biggest common fault in these cars, and a PITA to get to the bottom of without buying every new sensor in the engine bay Thumbs down
Posted 29th Aug 2012 at 06:38
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #36
woody. wrote:
Seems that idle/hesitation issues are the biggest common fault in these cars

We appear to have a run on them at the moment...Yes Crazy

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Aug 2012 at 09:46
stevegti-6

Regular

Post #37
I've just had this problem and had it before, the lambda sensor just seems to get clogged up or something. All I did was take it out of the down pipe, clean it with brake cleaner, re-fit it and it was fine afterwards.
Posted 29th Aug 2012 at 09:52
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #38
stevegti-6 wrote:
I've just had this problem and had it before, the lambda sensor just seems to get clogged up or something. All I did was take it out of the down pipe, clean it with brake cleaner, re-fit it and it was fine afterwards.

Cheaper than buying a new one I suppose, although I have tried this in the past with lambdas and it didn't make a difference. Perhaps you were lucky? Smile

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Aug 2012 at 11:17

Pages (2): 1 [2]