displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: 306 Wont start, Please Help!!!
xs-select

Post #1
Hello everyone

Sorry for the life story which im posting.

I am already a member of the pug306.net forum. I dont own a GTi-6 yet as i am a poor student and for now can only do with a 1.6 XS.

Any How, i have a problem which people have tried to help me with already but their suggestions have not worked yet. Thanks to those who still tried to help.

PROBLEM:

The red light on the immobiliser flashes. But when i turn the ignition key to the second place, none of the lights on the instrument cluster come on. Not even the Yellow Immobiliser light and hence i cant even put the code in as the immobliser doesnt allow me it, its like its dead. When i try to start the car, all i can hear is the a little click from the relay. Thats all.... Nothing else happens

1) My batterys is ok as the headlights come on and i even jumped it from my dads car just incase there was not enough current in the battery. but no that s not the case
2) i have checked every single fuse in the fuse box and they are all fine.

WHAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED:

1) Checked fuses
2) Checked earths
3) yep, batterys fine
4) Got a code reader, but when i plug it into the ecu it just doesnt work. so this i think probably means that there is no curerent going into the ecu.The red light on the keypad immobilizer stays on constantly and when i try to start the car all i can hear is still the relay going 'Click' and thats it. After about 5 seconds the headlights start to flash setting the alarm off. when the alarm has gone off the red light on teh top left corner above the cd player/radio flashes really fast.

I hope someone can really help me out here, you guys really cant imagine how frustrated i am. The car has been sitting on my driveway for two weeks now; and i just dont like the A4 audi 1.9TDI that im driving for now. its boring

Posted 14th Mar 2007 at 22:21
acer316

Post #2
thats what happing with my 2.0 sxi ph 1 8 v stupid immobilizer completey locked me out cant do nothing if u get it working can u please tell me how u done it has hav been on my for a month now driving me insane and the sledge hammer getting ready soon

wwillimott
Posted 16th Aug 2010 at 17:07
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Alternator?

or as you say could be immobiliser fault, IIRC there is a way to bypass them, someone surely from here will know how

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 01:19
stevevac43

Regular

Post #4
your going to need a auto electrician i think,to fix this
Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 02:52
ablister

Senior User

Post #5
try disarming the alarm? There is an ultra-sonics button on the sterring column to the right. Can't remember correct procedure but iirc you hold down button and switch ignition on, light should flash quickly and alarm is reset. Maybe worth trying that?

306 rallye, Richard Longman engine

rc10gt
Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 02:57
acer316

Post #6
tryed everything on here that its says to do and nothing still get the red and green light on my keypad

wwillimott
Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 07:48