displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: that big metal bush in the gear linkage?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
anyone got a link to where i can get one?

the big cylindrical sleeve one that wears out first Smile

failing that, theres so much play i think i could make a shim out of a coke can and slide it in there. anyone done simliar?

TIA
jim

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 23rd Dec 2023 at 14:25
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #2
It's known as a Glacier bearing. Hovis16 has got the dimensions of the one you need (might be in his project thread somewhere).

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 23rd Dec 2023 at 15:16
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
couldnt find it on th ethread but found another site saying this is the one, ID 32mm, OD 36mm, length 40mm

https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/BU-Type-Bearings/MB3240BU-Split-Bearing-Bush-14905-p

correct?

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 23rd Dec 2023 at 21:29
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #4
jimmyhackers wrote:
correct?

I think so. You could try roughly measuring your old one. I definitely bought mine from bearingboys Thumbs up

Posted 24th Dec 2023 at 10:15
heliosphan

Senior User

Post #5
This could hardly be more topical for me; I was under the car disconnecting the gear linkage last night.

Just to be clear, is this the cylinder thing at the front end of the selector rod which houses a big ball on the subframe-section of the linkage?
There's also a smaller brass(?) sleeve at the bottom of the gear stick, directly above the catalyst at the rear end of the selector rod. This didn't seem to have much play for me.
Posted 24th Dec 2023 at 11:05
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #6
heliosphan wrote:
Just to be clear, is this the cylinder thing at the front end of the selector rod which houses a big ball on the subframe-section of the linkage?

Yep, cylinder thing at the front of the selector rod. The ball of the linkage that pivots on the subframe runs on the glacier bearing

heliosphan wrote:
There's also a smaller brass(?) sleeve at the bottom of the gear stick, directly above the catalyst at the rear end of the selector rod. This didn't seem to have much play for me.

These one's?

Posted 24th Dec 2023 at 20:23