displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Xsara VTS and 306 GTI-6 mid and rear silencer cross compatibilit
Sebos2000

Post #1
Hi,
As the title indicates, I’m desperately in need of two new silencers for my 01 Xsara VTS. I have tried searching the forums and have not found any conclusive experiences from any members. I have access to a pair of GTI6 silencers for about half the price of a pair of VTS mufflers. Are there any meaningful differences in mounting points and/or bend locations? If this has already been covered, and you wish to inform me of this, please include the link to this thread, if possible.
Thank you!
Posted 20th Dec 2022 at 23:23
Joep

Regular

Post #2
Rear brackets/fixing points are different. The Xsara one has foxing points pointing towards the side, the 306 one has fixing points pointing towards the back.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 21st Dec 2022 at 06:49
Sebos2000

Post #3
Hi,
I see, can this be remedied with some fabrication? I.e. are the dimensions of both systems the same with the exception of the fixing points? Thanks
Posted 21st Dec 2022 at 09:48
Joep

Regular

Post #4
Sorry, that I don’t know…

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 23rd Dec 2022 at 17:19