displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Coilovers for Track setup ph1 306
AlexS

Post #1
I'm looking at a set of GAZ coilovers for a dedicated endurance track car but want to check if I should be looking at other options. Most forum posts are more than 5yrs old so there may be some newer options to consider.

It's for a 306 endurance track car, we have upto 5 drivers of mixed skill levels and I need to have the car consistent and predicable to cover the skill range.

It's currently on stock springs with the Hybrid rear ARB, fresh sport shocks and adjustable front strut tops. It's currently running a 2.0L 8v but will get a 8v turbo engine early next year so I want the chassis side sorted first. It's predicable particularly on a wet track but it's too soft and I don't want to change front or rear only to start and then loose the predictability we currently have in it. Whilst I want to gain some pace, predictability, good tyre wear and a forgiving setup are still high priorities due to the length of the races (last race out we covered 1450km with dry, wet and then a drying track with 6hrs under lights too).

Any other setups worth considering?

Alex
Posted 20th Aug 2022 at 03:38
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
What is your budget?

I've borrowed a mates Gaz setup on my track car and they were alright. I've got some bilsteins on my track car which are 205 fitment so I can't use the standard arb droplinks but they are nice units. They're not adjustable like tha Gaz ones I borrowed from a mate but once you know the weight of the car and spring rate you intend to run you can have them valved accordingly.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 20th Aug 2022 at 13:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Hi Alex
I see your in Sydney Thumbs up
The first advice id give is look at Denis / Russain guys post on suspension upgrades and he list what improvements he gets at each upgrade….
PS Denis works for a very well known company - so he knows his stuff …

Also I personally believe your going to have to go to 3way type separate canister suspension/ dampers if your doing long endurance racing and my reasoning for this is the oil getting to hot and thin and reducing the dampers capabilities…just my view Thumbs up

Good luck with finding something but its not going to
be cheap if you really want something much better for that amount of endurance racing with crazy long times and multiple drivers
Posted 28th Aug 2022 at 17:29
AlexS

Post #4
Cant really go into this sort of thing on a budget, id rather just get it right the first time and not take 3 stabs at it. Having said that I don't want to go stupid with itSmile

I'll have a good look and Denis's build, lots of good info on the quick skim I've had so far.

Alex
Posted 29th Aug 2022 at 03:09