displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Injector Modification for GTI6
panosbr

Post #1
Good day to all friends,

Below you can review the injector data for both GTI6 and 206 RC 180ps EW engine.

306 GTI6
cc/min 265 cc 3 Bar , grams/min 190,5 , Resistance 16 ohm High Impedance
206 RC
cc/min 273 cc 3 Bar , grams/min 187 , Resistance 14,5 ohm High Impedance

Would like to ask , what is your opinion regarding the installation of 206RC injectors to 306GTI6.

As these injectors of 206RC are available brand new from BOSCH and very cheap comparing to IW204 of that are not available , I installed them to my 306 in order to test and everything is working fine,the fuel consumption is on the same level.

The capacity of 206RC is 3% (273cc to 265cc) increased comparing to 306,and I am aware that these injectors are widely used as an alternative of the OEM from French owners.

Main question is if the ECU should be remapped?Is it possible that these injectors of 206 could make a damage to the engine on the long term of usage?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Posted 18th May 2022 at 15:33
craig903

Regular

Post #2
The answer is always yes when changing to a different injector, however whether you would notice a difference would depend on how dissimilar they are. The max cc may be only 3% however you may find that at lets say a 2ms pulse the flow difference may be greater then 5% different

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 24th May 2022 at 19:58
panosbr

Post #3
craig903 wrote:
The answer is always yes when changing to a different injector, however whether you would notice a difference would depend on how dissimilar they are. The max cc may be only 3% however you may find that at lets say a 2ms pulse the flow difference may be greater then 5% different

The difference for both "cc" and grams/min is minor comparing the 306 injector to 206 injector.
My first thought was the remap , I did not proceed because I believed that the ECU would adapt and handle the new injectors
Posted 25th May 2022 at 07:56
craig903

Regular

Post #4
panosbr wrote:
craig903 wrote:

The difference for both "cc" and grams/min is minor comparing the 306 injector to 206 injector.
My first thought was the remap , I did not proceed because I believed that the ECU would adapt and handle the new injectors

The sizing is irrelevant there because that data is with the injector flowing at maximum which rarely happens. Injectors aren't perfectly linier. If the min and max flow was close and all injectors where perfectly linier I would agree but there not, especially below a 2ms pulse which is usually the case for idle.

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 25th May 2022 at 19:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
Ecu will only correct at part throttle and a barrow window, exactly how narrow I haven't seen published, but they dont do anything at wide open throttle, bar monitor knock so it will pull timing.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th May 2022 at 20:21
panosbr

Post #6
welshpug! wrote:
Ecu will only correct at part throttle and a barrow window, exactly how narrow I haven't seen published, but they dont do anything at wide open throttle, bar monitor knock so it will pull timing.

So you suggest that there is danger to damage the engine at wide open throttle with the injectors of 206?
Posted 26th May 2022 at 18:24