displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Peugeot Boot Lock Solenoid
justsamo

Junior User

Post #1
Hello all,
Apologies this isn’t a 306 related question - my 306 has problems of its own for another time!
The boot on my wifes 308 mk2 will not open by the button and I can’t figure out why.
I can open it using a small screwdriver if I climb through the back but that’s it.
I have tried bypassing the switch but nothing, I don’t want to buy a replacement lock mechanism unless that’s definitely the issue. The boot loom is okay and all the other bits like wiper etc work fine.
Does anyone have any ideas please?
Cheers!
Posted 22nd Dec 2021 at 16:26
justsamo

Junior User

Post #2
Just thought that I’d add to this in case it helps anyone else.
Went through trial and error to sort this.
Tried a replacement lock unit and micro switch to no avail.
After inspecting the loom between the boot and body a wire had snapped…
So I guess moral of story with anything electrical with boot/door, it’s definitely a good idea to check that loom!!
Posted 13th Jan 2022 at 23:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
glad to hear you found it, not an uncommon failure point indeed, some cars and vans known for it more than others, my E34 for example, I don't think any touring has escaped the wiring breaking on those, or the MK3 relay/boxer/ducato rear doors, or 306 front doors.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Jan 2022 at 21:10