Inspired recently by people here and on FB, I have decided to build a 306 Maxi Kitcar-like 306.
I don't know where the voyage will end but it has started. I bought a Rallye.
My intention is that the car will be close to real one, with perhaps some differences:
- 2.2L or possibly slightly more swept volume for torque
- Possibly coilovers at the rear though I am leaning back towards a proper wide beam at present
- I would like Kevlar bodywork and use of carbon and kevlar where possible - I have friends who do layup and pre-prep and have done stuff for other cars I have/have had
- I intend to use the sequential transmission by Beckert
- I don't intend for it to be a slavish copy or pretend to be a real one
- But I want to be a modern but close expression of a real one with some new options that didn't exist at the time
I would welcome any and all (polite!) advice and one question: is it bad to sacrifice a T-reg Rallye to build this beast?
Should I find a shell and give the Rallye a reprieve?
If not, then would anyone like all the parts inside and out from the Rallye in return for stripping it and a small £££ charge?
Tell me what you think please? All advice welcome.
________________________________________Learning the ropes