displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Engine Wiring Loom Swap
Lillywhiter

Post #1
Evening All,
I'm after a bit of advice and I'm hoping someone has the answer or at least a rough idea if this will be a easy job or not lol.

Basically I'm in the process of taking an engine/gearbox from a PH3 Petrol Manual 1.8 16v and am planning on fitting the engine and gearbox in a PH2 Petrol 1.8 8v Auto - First of all has anyone done this before/similar and is it actually possible??
Secondly does anyone know if the engine wiring loom from a PH3 Petrol 306 Manual will just swap and plug/play with a PH2 Peugeot 306 Automatic as I intent to swap the whole lot from the donor vehicle to the other and don't really want to have to change the whole interior wiring loom and mess about re-pinning plugs etc.

Sorry I know it's not a GTI 6 Or A Rallye so please delete if not allowed.

Thanks in advanced
Rich
Posted 7th Nov 2021 at 21:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
anything is possible...

engine loom should swap over easy, 2 big round plugs on the chassis leg.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Nov 2021 at 12:17
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
phase3 will have a different immobiliser to phase2, you'll need to leave the ecu in an unlocked state and unolug the phase2 immobiliser box

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Nov 2021 at 12:27
Lillywhiter

Post #4
Hi mate thanks for the reply that's awesome......was hoping that would be the case as everything else I've looked at and checked appears to pretty much be the same in regards to components, wiring etc.

I've got the whole Ph3 donor vehicle so whatever I need is on it if I should need any of it to make the engine fit & work in the Ph2.

This might be a stupid question but how do you leave the ECU in an unlocked state??

Also by immobiliser box are you referring to the box under the centre console where the ashtray is ???

Thanks again.

Rich
Posted 9th Nov 2021 at 12:56