displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: AN6 adapted fuel rails
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #1
Fuel rails adapted to take AN6 fittings - £120 (with £20 refunded when I receive your old rail).

Not a new idea as a few have done it. The idea is to remove the green and white cubes from the fuel supply and return lines as they have a nasty habit of failing and spraying fuel all over your hot engine! This thread’s worth a read to see what’s involved.

What will I get for my money?
• XU10J4RS fuel rail adapted to take AN6 fittings.
• Powder coated in semi-gloss black.
• 8 x replacement injector seals.
• 2 x pipe inserts (see pic).
• Delivery to a UK mainland address.

What else will I need to fit the adapted fuel rail?
2 x AN6 STRAIGHT Male Teflon / PTFE Hose Fitting 9/16” UNF
2 x AN -6 (8mm 6AN) 5/16" NYLON Braided PTFE / Teflon Fuel Hose 1m
2 x AN -6 (AN6) 45 Degree Teflon Stealth Hose Fitting
2 x AN -6 (AN6) 11.0mm TEFLON Billet Hose Separator

Aren’t the original fuel hoses different sizes for supply and return so will AN6 on both sides work? The original fuel hose is different sizes for supply and return but only at the rail and presumably, so you don’t get them confused when reattaching them after removal. I’ve used my AN6 rail for over 12months with no problems.

Will the media blasting process, before powder coating, leave any contaminants inside the rail? That’s possible however, I’ll blast each rail out with compressed air and run it through an ultrasonic parts cleaner prior to dispatch. In the unlikely event that anything remains it’ll be caught by the filter baskets in the injectors.

Can the adapted fuel rail be supplied in any other colour than black? Unfortunately not. Individual colours would increase the price and time it takes to get a batch done.

What about returning my old fuel rail? To keep the supply of these going it’d be great if, once you’ve got your adapted rail fitted, you could send your old fuel rail to me for a £20 refund. Please remove your fuel pressure regulator and injector clips from your old rail before returning.

My fuel pressure regulator hasn’t survived being removed from my old rail, what can I do? Bosch part 0280160560 is a suitable replacement and can be found for about £20.

The pipe inserts prevent crushing of the hard fuel lines on the car.

Hard line to AN6 adapters fitted to fuel lines on the car.

45degree AN6 fitting alongside nylon braid over stainless braided teflon lined hose. You could use plain stainless braid or the PVC coated option.

Adapted rail before powder coat.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 19th Oct 2021 at 15:14
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #2
I'll have 4 of these available in 3-4 weeks.

£50 deposit to secure one Thumbs up

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 19th Oct 2021 at 15:11
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
awesome idea good luck with sale

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 20th Oct 2021 at 20:53