displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: ML6C gearbox - EW10J4S turbo
Grady

Post #1
Hi,

I know this isn't a 306 but, im hoping some one can answer a few questions i have.

im currently in the process of building a 450+ bhp EW10J4S (206 gti 180), i have seen a few high boosted 306s on this forum, and as i understand it many of them had issues with gearboxes.

my options are to fit an ML6C from a C5 2.0 HDI, and combine that with a 3j LSD from pug1off.

Has anyone done this kind of conversion? and can anyone offer more information on the 3j diff, will it fit the gearbox i have?

i wouldn't ask other forums for info usually, but the 206 forums have no information whatsoever,

Posted 26th Sep 2021 at 22:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
diff will fit, may need the bolt holes taking out from 10 to 12mm if its originally made for ant speed box.

no idea if the dw10 box will fit the ew bottom end, but I would get a petrol box not a diesel, unless you're aining at 200 mph...

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Sep 2021 at 22:40
Grady

Post #3
Thanks welshpug, that’s great.

To be honest I already have this gearbox, I basically got given it for free and it’s in super condition.

I have measured the bell housing bolt holes and cross referenced that against my original be4, and they match.

Can’t bolt it on until the machine shop gives me my engine back, so we will find out. The only issue I foresee is the driveshafts, im hoping I can mix and match 180 outer shafts with the c5 Inners, as the inner shaft splines are thicker.

But if not I’ll just get custom ones made.
Posted 27th Sep 2021 at 11:54