displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Immobilser Fault
Laytj

Junior User

Post #1
Hi all
I'm looking for some help with an immobiliser issue, Its actually on an XSI but I thought the knowledgeable people here would be the best to ask for advice.

Its a phase 3 xsi 2.0 16v which has been stood for some time with a flat battery, put a fresh battery on it and it spins over but won't fire at all. Fuel pump isnt priming so ive linked out the inertia switch and swapped the relay for one which i know works, but still the car wont fire.

I can get the fuel pump to run by running a wire to it but car still won't fire which makes me assume its an immobilser issue, the remote central locking works and ive tried operating that and pressing the steering column alarm button etc but no good.

Any ideas of anything to try next please?

Many Thanks

L james
Posted 22nd Sep 2021 at 18:11