displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Biigger brakes
Chris1988

Post #1
Hi, just Bought My self my First Peugeot, and its a 306 Gti6.
Timingbelt had snapped so got it Cheap. Rebuilding will start and i need New brakes. But I through I would Upgrade them Just as well. Her locally we have just open the New motorsport high speed track in Norway and we are going to drive there and i need good brakes.

Is there any cars that have brakes/spindel/caliper lager then oem thar will fit fairly easy?

Christoffer Oevsteboe
Posted 15th Jul 2021 at 20:11
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I think 406 brembo's fit. I've never used them so can't say how good they are but i think they tend to squeal if you don't fit the tarox discs with them.
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=148620

If i was in your shoes i'd be tempted to just get in touch with Carbotech and have a set of xp8 front pads made up to suit the standard calipers. I run these pads in my track car and love them.
I think Carbon Lorraine make the RC6 pad for a standard caliper (Something rings a bell that it's cheaper to buy them for a Clio and they fit, you'd have to google that yourself to check rather than just taking my word for it)
Fit braided lines if you're feeling fancy.
Flush your current fluid with some decent stuff. I'm using Motul RBF660 and it seems decent stuff.
If you end up getting things too hot run some ducting to feed cool air to the brakes and you should be good to go.

What sort of budget did you have in mind for brakes?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 17th Jul 2021 at 16:38
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #3
Godspeed do a great kit for just under £600. Brembo 4 pots, their 283 x 26mm discs and carbon Lorraine pads. Won’t fit under the standard 15” wheels but will go under many others.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 17th Jul 2021 at 18:34
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #4
Godspeed do a great kit for just under £600. Brembo 4 pots, their 283 x 26mm discs and carbon Lorraine pads. Won’t fit under the standard 15” wheels but will go under many others.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 17th Jul 2021 at 20:06
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
What kind of driving do you anticipate on track? Upgrading the brakes is a good idea at a certain point but as mentioned alreadt I'd start with some decent pads and more suitable racing brake fluid. See how you get on with that, might be all you need.
If you do upgrade just be careful with the package you go for, you may need to look at changing the master cylinder if the piston surface areas differ significantly.
If budget is no problem just go for an AP Racing setup, there are a few companies out there that will build you a kit that will be spot on but it will be expensive...

Just Drive It
Posted 18th Jul 2021 at 09:01
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #6
prism7guy wrote:
I think 406 brembo's fit. I've never used them so can't say how good they are but i think they tend to squeal if you don't fit the tarox discs with them.
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=148620

If i was in your shoes i'd be tempted to just get in touch with Carbotech and have a set of xp8 front pads made up to suit the standard calipers. I run these pads in my track car and love them.
I think Carbon Lorraine make the RC6 pad for a standard caliper (Something rings a bell that it's cheaper to buy them for a Clio and they fit, you'd have to google that yourself to check rather than just taking my word for it)
Fit braided lines if you're feeling fancy.
Flush your current fluid with some decent stuff. I'm using Motul RBF660 and it seems decent stuff.
If you end up getting things too hot run some ducting to feed cool air to the brakes and you should be good to go.

What sort of budget did you have in mind for brakes?

I can confirm Carbon Lorraine do a set of pads for the standard calliper, however as Steve here says if you buy for the Clio 172 you save yourself £80, they are about 1mm shorter so when you reverse the car and brand the can clunk as they shift in the calliper but under normal use they’re spot on.

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 20th Jul 2021 at 23:08
Nose

Senior User

Post #7
Peugeot 406 3 litre cars have Brembo 4 pot calipers that will fit as said above, i think you use Citroen Xantia discs with them, cant remember now if they're 283 or 288 mm diameter, but again, as said above, they will not fit under cyclones.

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 21st Jul 2021 at 19:34
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
they will fit under, juat not behind withiut something daft like a 25mm spacer, which is daft.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Jul 2021 at 09:40