displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Engine for sale
Dunebugs03

Post #1
Have a gti6 engine sump block head and covers with it came from my running car non tapper but needs head gasket doing changed for rebuilt one how much do they go for these days ?
Posted 27th Apr 2021 at 18:42
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #2
It's a difficult one as engines for these cars, in any shape, are getting thin on the ground. On the flip side there's the issue that they're all getting on a bit now and the bores wear terribly (as I've found recently) so even a 'good' engine will need a significant overhaul if you want the best from it.

A good engine might be worth £450ish.

A HG replacement, if you're doing it yourself, would probably set you back £200ish (skim, replacement gasket, head bolts, timing belt + water pump kit) so just subtracting that from the £450 and you're looking at £250-300.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 28th Apr 2021 at 08:07
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
How long ago did the head gasket go? Has it been stood with coolant in a cylinder for a while?

I bought a car with head gasket failure and the bore was pitted to death with corrosion, i have a suspicion the seller was telling porky pies when he said it went a couple of weeks before i bought it.
In the end the block was thrown in the scrap bin as i doubt it would have cleaned up even if i'd had it bored out to 86.5mm.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it as it stands, if i was buying it i wouldn't personally offer over £150, but then again I am from yorkshire Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 29th Apr 2021 at 18:50
Dunebugs03

Post #4
Literally pulled it out of my running 6 about 3ish weeks ago once I fitted my rebuilt one just taking up space now :/
Posted 29th Apr 2021 at 23:48
Dunebugs03

Post #5
now sold
Posted 11th May 2021 at 23:22