displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Possible sale price
Chelise

Post #1
Hi all, Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong area of the forum.
I Have come to the tough decision to sell my 306 And a friend suggested I post it for sale on here.
Before I do so, I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people could give me an idea of what it might be worth?

I know the obvious answer is that she is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay and to me she is priceless. But I am a complete loss on what to put her up for. I do not want to put her up for silly money and just get laughed out the building, nor do I want her to go for peanuts, given the work and money I have spent on her. (I am only selling her due to having Had a baby, now I do not have the time to give her the TLC that she needs/deserves)

So if anyone could give me a rough idea on what I might be able to sell her for, it would be much appreciated.

Here are a few details, to help with pricing.
1998 Phase 2 5 door xsi With gti6 engine, gearbox and seats.
Full body kit, spoiler, 17inch alloys, debadged grill, stainless Custom twin exhaust, interior neons, Panasonic head unit, JBL 6x9s, stealth shelf, custom purple paint, tinted rear windows, custom purple and black reupholstered seats, a couple other retrimmed custom pieces, such as gearstick gaitor, hand break, gear knob.
Basically she is a complete one off and has graced many car shows and a number of photoshoots.
Mechanically she is pretty decent, All the years I have owned her (I think about 13 years, it has been so long, I can't remember when I bought her) in all this time, she has never been SORN/off the road, done limited milage, been well looked after (until baby came along). What let's her down Currently is the cheap paint job I got her, which has gone Completely to s**t. My plans where to have her completely stripped down and resprayed, along with a number of other mods I wanted to do (delock the boot for example) but sadly I just do not have the time Or money to do that now (Kids... Who'ed have em) so I am hoping someone else can give her a living home and bring her back to her former glory.

Any ideas on price will be much appreciated, along with any interested parties who might be looking to adopt a lovely purple pug

Posted 30th Mar 2021 at 21:47
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
you'll need picture for decent estimate, last xsi engined 306 I saw they were struggling to get a grand for it I'm afraid glwts

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 30th Mar 2021 at 22:23
Chelise

Post #3
Cjwatson27 wrote:
you'll need picture for decent estimate, last xsi engined 306 I saw they were struggling to get a grand for it I'm afraid glwts

Is that xsi with gti6 engine?

Pics
This is how she looked soon after respray, sadly it has diminished quite a bit, due to it being cheap.

Interior

How she looked when I bought her, so you can see some of the work I have put in.

Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 00:13
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Hi Michelle Wave

The market is quite strong for original XSI's and GTI6's in good condition at the moment but when it comes to a car that's been modified its only likely to make good money if there is a demand for that car in particular. Sadly a lot of owners that have modified their cars tend to find that breaking the car is the best way to recouping some of the money spent.

As your car is undoubtedly at the unique end of the scale i would see if you can price up its worth based on the parts that you could easily sell, engine, lights, wheels, etc etc. Once you have that price in mind you could then advertise it for sale at that total and see if you have any takers, if not then it may well be quickest and most cost effective to break Yes

Just Drive It
Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 09:39
Chelise

Post #5
rallyestyle wrote:
Hi Michelle Wave

The market is quite strong for original XSI's and GTI6's in good condition at the moment but when it comes to a car that's been modified its only likely to make good money if there is a demand for that car in particular. Sadly a lot of owners that have modified their cars tend to find that breaking the car is the best way to recouping some of the money spent.

As your car is undoubtedly at the unique end of the scale i would see if you can price up its worth based on the parts that you could easily sell, engine, lights, wheels, etc etc. Once you have that price in mind you could then advertise it for sale at that total and see if you have any takers, if not then it may well be quickest and most cost effective to break Yes

Thank you kindly for the info, I shall look into doing that then. Much appreciated.
Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 14:22
eiei0

Regular

Post #6
To be fair the Engine and Box and the Beam (If GTI) might be worth 1K parted out, the rest will struggle to sell as it's so highly modified,

It's mad that a GTI on a set of standard Cyclones is worth more than one on a set of good wheels like Speedline or Compomotive considering the wheels are worth more than the car was 2 or 3 years ago,

Have a look of the 306OC Facebook Page and post it there,

Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 18:01
rikky 🦔

Post #7
that was a car on here for a long time, who was it now who owned it? i remember it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 1st Apr 2021 at 16:47
alcon

Senior User

Post #8
are those seats vinyl I wonder? Seems a shame actually as someone will have paid a fair amount to get them upholstered like that but I guess they're now of limited interest given their colour.

It's always a risk with highly modified cars. Personally I'd just break it

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 1st Apr 2021 at 19:32
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
rikky wrote:
that was a car on here for a long time, who was it now who owned it? i remember it

Stevie Wonder?

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 1st Apr 2021 at 20:44
rikky 🦔

Post #10
the name Gary rings a bell

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 2nd Apr 2021 at 00:04
Chelise

Post #11
Nope, Gary is not the owner. I am, owned it for many years. And nope, not blind (Stevie wonder), merely a girl racer that frequented the modded car scene when it was all the rage.

The seats are marine vinyl and faux micro suede (couldn't afford real leather and suede), did the retrim myself (didn't get round to doing the headrests though, so they are still standard/black leather). This car was/is my pride and joy and will be very sad to see it go, I just don't have the time to give it the needed tlc, now that I have a kid.

Thanks for all the info, I am looking into breaking her. Sad as this will be, at least I then know that no one else would be driving about in her as a whole, thus she will forever remain completely unique to me.

Posted 8th Apr 2021 at 17:22