displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Low fuel pressure
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
On the race car I have a fuel pressure sensor and an Omex 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator. In my last race (October 2020) there was no issue with fuel pressure at all, the data shows it sitting nicely around 3.5 bar.

Over the winter I've put on a new fuel filter but otherwise changed nothing with the fuel system and now I'm getting a fuel pressure reading off somewhere between 2.7 bar - 3.3 bar. On the dyno (with nothing else changed year on year) I'm also now down around 25bhp.

I've tried another fuel filter, fuel pump, and a different pressure sensor and nothing has fixed it. I've got a new FPR to try but I can't see how it has failed while not being used over the winter?

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I still find it suspicious that it was fine until the fuel filter was changed but with another filter (different brand) I get the same issue!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 30th Mar 2021 at 16:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
is it an adjustable regulator?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Mar 2021 at 19:34
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
It's not. I've tried a new, adjustable one and can't get any more than 3.1 out of it. It's the Omex adjustable one so should go from 2 to 5 bar.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 19:09
eiei0

Regular

Post #4
Not sure on the technical end but you may just check everything, drop the tank and clean it out, I'm assuming you are running braided lines maybe check them for kinks blockages ect, check everything around the tank for damage ect, the lying up for a few months could be as much to do with it as the filter,
Posted 31st Mar 2021 at 20:38