displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: BE3 BE4 Gearbox
Krists

Post #1
Hi.
Please help.
I have Citroen Xsara VTS 2003 whit gearbox BE4 code 20TE47 (original VTS 5 gear gearbox) and i bought this item for shorter final drive ratio:
click here

When I tried to replace it, it turns out that the axle is different and does not fit.
Left original, right who i bought.

One option is to send back to the store, but it is long, complicated and may not even take back.
The second option is to match the gearbox to the new axle.
When I searched the internet for information on which gearbox I needed, I was confused by all the different codes and did not understand exactly which gearbox I needed.
Does anyone have knowledge of this whole topic and can help me understand which code gearbox I need?
Sorry my bad English ))
Posted 22nd Mar 2021 at 17:24
craig903

Regular

Post #2
Be3 and be4 are different. you can however put a be4 gearset in a be3 box and vice versa but you can't mix and match the gears between be3/be4 gearsets

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 12th Apr 2021 at 23:37