displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Phase 2 interior in Phase 1
Ed5764

Post #1
Hi everyone!

First Post on the forum, I've just bought a phase 1 to work on during lockdown, and was wondering if I could get some advice regarding interiors.

The car I bought had its interior stripped out at some point to be used for track days, and I'm looking to put a complete interior back in it and basically restore it back to original as best I can.

Been struggling to find a full phase 1 interior as they seem to be so rare, so was looking at maybe buying a phase 2 interior or even get a donor car to transplant the interior across. Is this something that can be easily done?

Failing that does anyone know good places to look for sourcing an interior for a phase 1?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Ed
Posted 15th Feb 2021 at 13:43
Joep

Regular

Post #2
They fit right in. Just make sure it is a 3door interior.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 15th Feb 2021 at 14:33
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
As Joep said, direct fit, you may have a flashing airbag light though ( mine is at the moment but I think that can be sorted with a resistor over the connector iirc ) and it does feel as if you are sitting higher.

pet hate, the cat
Posted 15th Feb 2021 at 15:04
Ed5764

Post #4
Great, I'll be looking for a 3 door phase 2 donor car most likely. Thanks both!

Ed
Posted 15th Feb 2021 at 16:44
ad

Regular

Post #5
I don't think the front door cards fit from a phase 2/3 onto a phase 1 🤔. I'm sure the seats will fit but do the phase 2/3's have airbags in the seats? The front carpet in a phase 1 is slightly different also, pretty sure all the rear stuff is the same apart from parcel shelves but any shelf will fit. I have a spare s16 interior that I'm wanting to get retrimmed and put into my phase 1 but I'm ive been meaning to do it for years now.

You might find a phase 1 interior, they do pop up every now and then on the web but they are rare as. I'm sure someone on here knows someone somewhere...
Posted 16th Feb 2021 at 22:21
pug_306

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I should have a few sets of phase 1 front door cards

1998 Supercharged White Rallye
1992 205 GTi6
205 Turbo 340bhp
Posted 16th Feb 2021 at 22:49
Ed5764

Post #7
ad wrote:
I don't think the front door cards fit from a phase 2/3 onto a phase 1 🤔. I'm sure the seats will fit but do the phase 2/3's have airbags in the seats? The front carpet in a phase 1 is slightly different also, pretty sure all the rear stuff is the same apart from parcel shelves but any shelf will fit. I have a spare s16 interior that I'm wanting to get retrimmed and put into my phase 1 but I'm ive been meaning to do it for years now.

You might find a phase 1 interior, they do pop up every now and then on the web but they are rare as. I'm sure someone on here knows someone somewhere...

Can't seem to be able to send a PM but is there a price you'd be willing to sell that s16 interior for?

Ed
Posted 17th Feb 2021 at 14:49
Joep

Regular

Post #8
You can make phase 2/3 door cards fit a phase 1. I have all the brackets to do so.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 17th Feb 2021 at 15:30
ad

Regular

Post #9
Pm sent. Aren't the window switches different in a phase 2 aswell?🤔
Posted 17th Feb 2021 at 23:14
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Ed5764 wrote:
Hi everyone!

First Post on the forum, I've just bought a phase 1 to work on during lockdown, and was wondering if I could get some advice regarding interiors.

The car I bought had its interior stripped out at some point to be used for track days, and I'm looking to put a complete interior back in it and basically restore it back to original as best I can.

Been struggling to find a full phase 1 interior as they seem to be so rare, so was looking at maybe buying a phase 2 interior or even get a donor car to transplant the interior across. Is this something that can be easily done?

Failing that does anyone know good places to look for sourcing an interior for a phase 1?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Welcome Ed ...goodluck mucker Thumbs up
Posted 19th Feb 2021 at 08:28
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #11
There's a blue S16 interior on Gumtree at the moment. Looks complete and in good shape.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 21st Feb 2021 at 09:23