displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Heater control, bulb replacement
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #1
Hi all, I have finally manged to get around to taking the central fascia apart Smile thanks to the FAQ pinned post, to access the bulbs behind the heater controls.

Please can any one tell me where to purchase a couple of replacement bulbs please? I believe the part number is 6112 54??

The bulb has 12v 1.2v written on the plastic holder.

Thanks

James
Posted 6th Nov 2020 at 17:07
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
this place have then Clicky

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 7th Nov 2020 at 19:32
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I seem to have 2.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 7th Nov 2020 at 20:46
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #4
gnrlee wrote:
this place have then Clicky

Thanks I have dropped them an email.
Posted 10th Nov 2020 at 07:35
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #5
thugpuggin wrote:
I seem to have 2.

PM sent.
Posted 10th Nov 2020 at 07:36
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #6
Hi all,

Well I have had no luck sourcing the correct bulb & bulb holder, I have sourced replacement bulbs but it appears my bulb & holder are one piece!

However I am now led to believe that the issue is not a broken bulb but something else, as on the way home from work last week, my heater control dash lights flickered on for a while then disappeared again! So am i looking for a dirty contact? a poor earth connection?

I'm also not sure if its relevant but my interior cabin light has never worked since I had the car either! But just of late I have been noticing it working intermittently, some times when I open the drivers door! or it appears to come on when you unlock the car! sometimes!

And also to add for the first time since I have owned the car was giving the interior cabin a dust down at the weekend, turned the lights on to clean the stalk and I had a sounding beeper come on! its never done this and subsequently not doing it at all now again!

So I guess my question/ plead for help to all you experts is, are these electrical bits all related some how? do they all share a common earth that I should check or something??

Only a novice when it comes to cars, so please go easy, any help and thoughts much appreciated.
Posted 25th Nov 2020 at 07:57
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #7
The heater control lights intermittently working is probably down to a poor connection on the bulb holders themselves.

As for the interior light and lights on warning beeper, these will both be controlled by the door switch and the most likely answer is that the loom which goes through the driver's door shut has broken.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 11th Jan 2021 at 21:09
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Think I may have the correct ones. Iirc they were listed for a bmw

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 11th Jan 2021 at 22:47