displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Fuel Rail removal
eiei0

Regular

Post #1
Hi All

I'd like to remove my fuel rail to clean and paint it, cant see a FAQ for it, is there much too it and will I need any new parts to refit,

Thanks
Trevor
Posted 1st Nov 2020 at 23:09
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #2
Not much to it really. 2 bolts holding it to the manifold, pull off the vacuum line and disconnect the fuel supply and return.
Suggest you disconnect the battery first as the system primes itself to ensure there's sufficient pressure for when you start the car. You don't want it priming and spurting fuel whilst you've got the lines off - you don't want faded paint and a knackered alternator not that I'd now anything about that Whistle

Grab yourself some new O-rings from Mr Injector as the old one's will probably be past their best, bit of rubber grease helps them go back in to the manifold too.

Also, the fuel pressure regulator probably won't come out cleanly if you choose to remove it to paint the rail - factor in a new one if you do decide to pull it out.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 2nd Nov 2020 at 08:00
eiei0

Regular

Post #3
Thanks for the reply what are the little bits with the brass ring and guase in the bag for ??
Posted 2nd Nov 2020 at 08:54
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #4
They're filter baskets for the injectors, could do those whilst you're at it.

Posted 2nd Nov 2020 at 10:09
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
A garage changed my starter motor and misaligned the fuel rail while re-assembling and bent the fuel rail causing a bad fuel leak so make sure you line the injectors up correctly before bolting down.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 4th Nov 2020 at 00:20
rikky 🦔

Post #6
S8-Tom wrote:
Not much to it really. 2 bolts holding it to the manifold, pull off the vacuum line and disconnect the fuel supply and return.
Suggest you disconnect the battery first as the system primes itself to ensure there's sufficient pressure for when you start the car. You don't want it priming and spurting fuel whilst you've got the lines off - you don't want faded paint and a knackered alternator not that I'd now anything about that Whistle

Grab yourself some new O-rings from Mr Injector as the old one's will probably be past their best, bit of rubber grease helps them go back in to the manifold too.

Also, the fuel pressure regulator probably won't come out cleanly if you choose to remove it to paint the rail - factor in a new one if you do decide to pull it out.

Do you have a part no for the seals?

Also do you know what spec the FPR seals are? Mines been removed for powder coating the rail, and the seals on it are ruined.

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Nov 2020 at 17:17
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #7
I think it was these one's

As for the FPR seals, no idea but probably nothing special - just a nitrile rubber. If you're ordering injector seals maybe ask Mr Injector? Must have something in the right size for petrol application?

Posted 6th Nov 2020 at 20:57
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #8
rudolf wrote:
A garage changed my starter motor and misaligned the fuel rail while re-assembling and bent the fuel rail causing a bad fuel leak so make sure you line the injectors up correctly before bolting down.

Why would they have needed to remove the rail from the manifold to do that? You would just remove the manifold complete.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Nov 2020 at 22:28
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
stan_306gti6 wrote:
rudolf wrote:

Why would they have needed to remove the rail from the manifold to do that? You would just remove the manifold complete.

They thought injector 1 was slightly weeping.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 7th Nov 2020 at 09:30
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #10
Ah right ok, makes sense now. Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love