displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Lots of lovely wires & Oil in my Intake
Black306

Post #1
Hi all

So no, there aren't wires and oil in my intake, as I guess you could read the subject heading. 2 different issues Smile

So firstly I noticed when changing the starter this weekend that I have 3 plugs not going to anything. Anyone have any clue as to why they aren't going to anything and if I need to sort them? Really appreciate any help on what these 3 connectors are for and what I should do with them?

1 Black/Purple one right under the manifold (not the blue one in the photo, the one attached to it)

1 Grey/Purple one under my intake hose

1 Black/Purple one on the throttle body

My second issue is that there is oil in the intake and running down the hose to the horrible K&N I need to replace. Is this a huge issue?

Owned:
4x Peugeot 306 XS Phase 1
1x Peugeot 306 XS Phase 2
1x Peugeot 106 Quicksilver (Mistake Purchase)
1x Peugeot 306 GTi 6 Phase 2.5 (Current Car)
Posted 20th Oct 2020 at 15:50
miki4

Regular

Post #2
They grey 2 pin connector goes to the intake air temp sensor right next to it. The black connector next to the MAP sensor should not be connected anywhere, it is the plug for an alternative MAP sensor. The four pin goes to the idle control valve. The black two pin connector next to it I don't know right now.

A bit of oil in the intake is normal and comes from the crankcase breather system. The dirt in your inlet is a problem though. Clean it out with some carb/throttle body cleaner and use a proper air filter. K&N should be okay if it isn't broken or a fake.
Posted 20th Oct 2020 at 19:04
Black306

Post #3
Legend. What you’ve said makes sense. I wonder if the two pin air temp connector was intentionally unplugged for some reason, when the K&N was installed. I’ll plug it back in and see if it triggers any issues. The black connector next to the blue idle control valve doesn’t seem to have anything near it to connect to, so I’m also stumped. If anyone thinks what it might be, do let me know.

I’m not sure if that photos highlighted tiny particles as I can’t remember the hose being full of dirt other than the oil running back down. I am trying to find an OEM air box to reinstate but they seem impossible to find. For now I will clean it all out. Is the carb/throttle body cleaner something you use with a rag or a spray that you spray in to the air filter and let us suck through the system?

Oh, the oils is pretty black and the exhaust has a shed load of black, which makes me think it’s not been looked after. Possibly time to put it in to an expert to service it and give it a good once over for issues.

Owned:
4x Peugeot 306 XS Phase 1
1x Peugeot 306 XS Phase 2
1x Peugeot 106 Quicksilver (Mistake Purchase)
1x Peugeot 306 GTi 6 Phase 2.5 (Current Car)
Posted 20th Oct 2020 at 20:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
black pin connector is just a spare, possibly used on scandinavian spec models.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Oct 2020 at 19:03
woody.

Senior User

Post #5
I think you'll find it was the Arctic spec for the 2001 north pole attempt which failed spectacularly
Posted 26th Oct 2020 at 07:02