displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Aftermarket Tube
PAG306

Post #1
Do i need to be concerned that where the tube sleeve & cast iron end cap butt up flush against each other on the inside they're slightly off centre Crazy or will it be ok when the inner & outer bearing's are installed Unsure Ive taken a pic but can't seem to upload it Dunno
Posted 1st Oct 2020 at 01:50
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
When you say aftermarket, you mean chinese version?

If you'd of asked I could of supplied you genuine

Answer to question is sometimes they don't sit flush

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 1st Oct 2020 at 06:35
PAG306

Post #3
jord294 wrote:
When you say aftermarket, you mean chinese version?

If you'd of asked I could of supplied you genuine

Answer to question is sometimes they don't sit flush

I thought you only sold fully rebuilt axles that's why i bought this tube but the job is now turning into a nightmare & my mot runs out next month Sad
Posted 1st Oct 2020 at 11:10
stef306

Regular

Post #4
The tubes them self's are fine, it's whats fitted to them is where the issues occur.

1990 205 gti6 supercharged
Posted 1st Oct 2020 at 21:17
PAG306

Post #5
stef306 wrote:
The tubes them self's are fine, it's whats fitted to them is where the issues occur.

Do you mean what bearing kit's fitted as the tube internal looks fine, its where the end butts up against the tube that you can see the internal discrepancy & in my eyes surely there should be an equal distance all the way around the circumference so the outer bearing & inner bearings run parallel or am i just being too fussy & even genuine tubes are like this Roll eyes
Posted 2nd Oct 2020 at 00:02
stef306

Regular

Post #6
they are aftermarket tubes at the end of the day, theres going to be some slight differences. The way i see it is - aslong as it holds the bearings in the correct depth and manor and everything else fits as it should you cant go wrong. Ive used a fair amount in my time i just remove everything thats fitted to it and replace with genuine.

1990 205 gti6 supercharged
Posted 2nd Oct 2020 at 20:20
PAG306

Post #7
stef306 wrote:
they are aftermarket tubes at the end of the day, theres going to be some slight differences. The way i see it is - aslong as it holds the bearings in the correct depth and manor and everything else fits as it should you cant go wrong. Ive used a fair amount in my time i just remove everything thats fitted to it and replace with genuine.

So would you say the internal discrepancy is pretty normal even on genuine tubes & wont effect anything aslong as i swap out the cheap bearings installed ?
Is the SNR KS 559.00 bearing kit any good as thats what most folk seem to use Roll eyes
Posted 2nd Oct 2020 at 21:31