displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Starter circuit
Laytj

Junior User

Post #1
Hi everyone id appreciate any help here please, I've got a problem with the starter circuit on my phase1, the starter doesn't operate at all unless I energise the solenoid (small white wire) with a jump lead from the battery and then car starts up fine so I assume that rules out the immobilizer.

. According to the wiring diagram I can find the wire goes directly from the ignition switch to the starter.

I have checked the ignition switch and there is power there when turning the key to the crank position.

Does anyone know if there is anything else in the circuit? Am I right in thinking the cables will be going via the two plugs below the NSF headlight? As I'm wondering if a bad connection there is my issue?

Thanks all

L james
Posted 28th Sep 2020 at 14:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
most likely would be a fault in one of thoae plugs, or the big plug under the wiper motor, or across the bottom of the dront crossmember.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Sep 2020 at 13:19
Laytj

Junior User

Post #3
Ok thank you

L james
Posted 29th Sep 2020 at 18:51
hediis

Junior User

Post #4
Should be in the bigger of the two plugs at the crossmember.
Pin number 8 on my ph1.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6 -97 (Ph1, blaze) Low n slow
Peugeot 306 GTi-6 -97 (Ph1, blaze) Trackday car, 226hp N/A (Engine rebuild right now)
Peugeot 306 GTi-6 -00 (Ph3, black) Low n slow
Posted 5th Oct 2020 at 08:24