displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: The "Might as well" 4 door v6 306
Matador

Post #1
I married into owning 2 cars, a early 00's 1.6 306 4-door thats showing her age, and a 3.0 v6 607 thats been sitting for 6 years due to a tax lein.

So between the two aging pugs i figure i could make one decent street legal sleeper.
So, I might as well...

Im a professional fabricator, running a custom fabrication/motorcycle performance shop in Istanbul. Im fully stocked with tools, so im happy to undergo any major modification should it be necessary.

Seems like the engine, wheels, and brakes from the 607 would be a nice boost to the smaller 306 body, and seems as though quite a few of you have done something similar. Any other bits i should swap over?

As ive already got both cars in running condition ill have more budget for other goodies. Please advise!
Suspension seems to be the first point to address.

Before i dive into any major project I always like to hear from the people who have done similar things. So feel free to share any tips, or link relevant project threads or info.

Ill post some pictures soon.

Elet

Posted 24th Sep 2020 at 22:46
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Welcome Elet to the mad house ..

I’ve done plenty of upgrades to mine and your more than welcome to ask any questions and I’m happy to help Thumbs up
Posted 25th Sep 2020 at 07:16
Joep

Regular

Post #3
Welcome! Nice project ahead of you!

I was investigating a similar engine swap before and what I recall is that it is easiest to use the early 406 V6.

In the end, for me the project would be to complex and I did not start it.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 25th Sep 2020 at 07:58