displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: GTI 6 rear hub spacers
Connor

Post #1
Hi, so I am currently undergoing a suspension overhaul on my GTI 6, I have got a refurbed axle on the car and also changed the rear hubs/bearings. I received new aftermarket bearings and these don’t fit on the stub axle and go too far onto the shaft. I believe this to be down the rear hub spacer, does anyone know where I could get a couple of these?. Also Megatron is the best way to check that I have the correct bearing size for my car as it is a 1998 and I had read the bearings changed in Sept 1998. Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologise if there is already a thread with this info(I did have a look but couldn’t quite find the info I was after)

Cheers

Blaze GTI-6
Posted 29th Aug 2020 at 18:22
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
2 lengths for stub axle pins. Premium hubs come with the correct spacers and washers. You'll struggle to find pattern early hubs, unless you go genuine

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 29th Aug 2020 at 20:51
Connor

Post #3
Thank you Jord, so would you say I should be looking at measuring up the stub axle pin I have currently and potentially looking at getting another pair?, or be looking to get a premium hub kit that comes with spacers and washers?, or both of those maybe?

Appreciate the help!

Blaze GTI-6
Posted 29th Aug 2020 at 22:50