displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Testing oil pressure
AlMortz

Junior User

Post #1
Hi,

I'm attempting to test my oil pressure, and struggling to find the best place to do it. I've got one of these kits off Amazon and I know that it's probably not going to give me exact readings, but I'd thought it would at least give me an inclination if I've got issues.

I know there's the spare slot on the front where pressure guage senders go on the phase 1, and I'm assuming it's there on my phase 2. But how do you even get access to it? Without taking the whole car apart?

Is there a better spot to do it? I was assuming measuring the pressure in the actual sump (using the temp sender slot) wouldn't give me accurate readings at all.

Cheers

Al
Posted 28th May 2020 at 18:10
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Yes you Won’t see anything in the sump as it’s just a reservoir for the oil

Best to take the original pressure sensor out which is to the left and up a little from the oil filter on the front of the block to take a reading from there

If you look at this thread it’s got all the sensors listed

https://www.205gtidrivers.com/forums/topic/99387-gti6-xu10j4rs-sensor-identification/#comment-891114
Posted 28th May 2020 at 19:15
AlMortz

Junior User

Post #3
blandy wrote:
Yes you Won’t see anything in the sump as it’s just a reservoir for the oil

Best to take the original pressure sensor out which is to the left and up a little from the oil filter on the front of the block to take a reading from there

If you look at this thread it’s got all the sensors listed

https://www.205gtidrivers.com/forums/topic/99387-gti6-xu10j4rs-sensor-identification/#comment-891114

Cheers mate. Yeah I spotted that thread. I'm just absolutely positive I'm not going to be able to get my hand up there! Far too many pipes in the way.

I can't even see the spot where that sensor is, from above or under the car.

I guess I'll just have to have a proper crack at it this weekend.
Posted 28th May 2020 at 19:19