displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: QUESTION FOR A TRANSPLANT
TASOSCHATZ

Post #1
Hi everybody
I have a 306 1.6 xs phase 3 and I would like to fit an 1.9 Mi16 engine into it. How straight forward is it? What else would I need from the donor car to make it work easier? ecu, harness, exhaust parts, gearbox etc?
I prefer the 1.9 due to taxation reasons, in my country you pay according to engine displacement and the 1.9 is a third of the 2.0 annual cost.
Thank you in advance for any answer.
Posted 27th May 2020 at 08:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
straight bolt in on 306 XU mounts, only one you have to change is the stud in the gearbox.

for cooling its likely that RFY S16 bv5 are the closest to fitting the D6C engine.

you will need to splice the MI16 loom to the 2 round 306 plugs on the left chassis leg by the radiator, not a huge job as if the loom came from a 405 then the loom joins the car loom in almost the same place.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th May 2020 at 10:12
TASOSCHATZ

Post #3
First of all thank you for your answer.
To summarise
1. I get an 1.9 mi16 engine, ecu, harness, exhaust manifold.
2. Can I use my exhisting box or a b3? I guess they are compatible.
3. Straight drop in, a bit of electric work and cooling search. What bv5 stands for?
Anything else i miss?
Posted 27th May 2020 at 12:01
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4

2-

your 1.6 tu will have an ma box, they will not be compatible, nor will the driveshafts work.

you need 306 XU, XUD or DW driveshafts, you may need to use different hubs if your 1.6 has the small hubs with the M20 nuts not the M24 nuts that the big cv joint shafts use.

3, pretty much, BV5 is Boite vittesse 5, dont know about your country but a lot of europe have 6 speed S16 that the UK calls GTI6, you want cooling hoses from a 5 speed early S16.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th May 2020 at 12:30
TASOSCHATZ

Post #5
Thanks a lot, your advise is really appreciated.
I might annoy you again in the future.
Posted 27th May 2020 at 12:58
TASOSCHATZ

Post #6
It seems that the MOT in my coyntry does not allow, or makes it next to impossible, for engines not fitted into a car from the factory. So, my idea is if an xu7 block could replace the xu9 block. This way I keep the xu7 engine numbers which will pass me through the mot.
Is this possible, what are the common points and the differences between the two? I did try to search at 205 forums etc, but I didn't manage to get a clear answer.
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 09:35