displaying posts 1 to 24 of 24

Author Subject: *****All Please read*****
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #1
Yesterday I had to remove some comments off a members project thread, now some of you may disagree but I took the decision for the following reasons: The club was created for like minded enthusiasts to share information, while the person concerned may have a specific gripe with the Author of the project thread, I don’t believe this is the place to air it. So I’ve removed the comments. I don’t want the situation to escalate into a slagging match of who done what, when. And where etc etc. I will message the person concerned separately and politely request that if you have an issue with another member could you deal with them directly rather than jumping on here and shouting off. Ultimately it’s one persons word against another that is possibly going to get legal so if possible could we keep it off here. Thank you.

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 24th May 2020 at 07:54
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Lee you may of read my Facebook comment about they both need to sort this out themselves...ok maybe it’s gone too far but I like both parties involved and it’s like a Marriage when it breaks down ...both lose out and no one wins in the end ...

Such a shame two good people Crazy
Posted 24th May 2020 at 10:28
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I just don't get why there is no communication. There's always 2 sides to a story and we only hear one. I hope that we hear the other side one day. The breakdown in communication is not going to do his buisness any good.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 24th May 2020 at 11:09
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Read and understood

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 24th May 2020 at 12:33
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #5
aaron6 wrote:
I just don't get why there is no communication. There's always 2 sides to a story and we only hear one. I hope that we hear the other side one day. The breakdown in communication is not going to do his buisness any good.

it's because the case may still go to court yet,..
and one of the main rules about court cases is NOT to post on social media about events which may influence the case
one day I dare say most things will come to light!

but think of this place as a happy place!
there is no room for mallace here!
we want to keep it purely about the cars! Big grin

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 24th May 2020 at 13:03
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

and one of the main rules about court cases is NOT to post on social media about events which may influence the case

I get what you're saying, but Mallace and abuse was what made this forum great. LOL
I remember Adele joining, no one stepped in on the sexual harassment she received from many people. A photo of her taken from her facebook page and posted here with the comment "nice spunk deflectors" LOL
What sean posted has nothing on previous thread/posts that were deemed acceptable.
I get what you're saying about the law suit. But there isn't one yet.
Watch the hitler vid, the old admin would have enjoyed this back in the day. LOL

Posted 24th May 2020 at 14:51
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Oh come on. We all know what happened...

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 24th May 2020 at 15:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
aaron6 wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

I get what you're saying, but Mallace and abuse was what made this forum great. LOL
I remember Adele joining, no one stepped in on the sexual harassment she received from many people. A photo of her taken from her facebook page and posted here with the comment "nice spunk deflectors" LOL
What sean posted has nothing on previous thread/posts that were deemed acceptable.
Watch the hitler vid, the old admin would have enjoyed this back in the day. LOL

And there was little old me thinking Aaron pout was a quiet pleasant chap ....bloody trouble maker (BAN) LOL LOL LOL
Posted 24th May 2020 at 15:41
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #9

Well I'm not wrong. LOL
The forum was epic back in them days wasnt it.
Pretty well anything went.
You've only got to watch the Hitler vid or training room for a taste of how it used to be. LOL

Posted 24th May 2020 at 16:16
eiei0

Regular

Post #10
Is there some private members section I am missing, I only see 2 or 3 posts here each day and definitely nothing like what is been discussed here,

How do I get into the good stuff 😁
Posted 24th May 2020 at 17:00
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
eiei0 wrote:
Is there some private members section I am missing, I only see 2 or 3 posts here each day and definitely nothing like what is been discussed here,

Catch it before its deleted... LOL

Posted 24th May 2020 at 17:15
alcon

Senior User

Post #12
eiei0 wrote:

No, just the fact that there is now a fraction of the members today compared to even ten years ago. When I joined up, I didn't post much (still don't) but read most of what was going on....and it was brutal on here at times. Hell of a lot of non car related banter but most was just blokes having a bit of fun. I always cringed though when a new female member joined and would come on to say hi and introduce herself. The first few replies would be gentleman like and friendly, welcoming the poor girl, then it would quickly descend into sexually explicit request to get her bits out. Some took it well while others scurried away never to be seen again.

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 24th May 2020 at 18:51
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
aaron6 wrote:
eiei0 wrote:

LEE ....defo BAN !!!! ‭(Aaron) trouble maker ....he’s inciting trouble LOL LOL LOL
Posted 24th May 2020 at 19:49
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Day666 wrote:
aaron6 wrote:
eiei0 wrote:

LEE ....defo BAN !!!! ‭(Aaron) trouble maker ....he’s inciting trouble LOL LOL LOL
LOL cheers Damian.

Posted 24th May 2020 at 20:22
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
I'm merely typing under reasonably heavy Gin consumption

Posted 24th May 2020 at 20:23
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Oh the good stuff! Those were the days...

If there is one statement that rings true its that the customer is always right, regardless of whether they are or not. Stick to that and the good will outshine the bad.

Let's hope this gets sorted out between the two parties and everyone can get back to taking the p**s out of each other like the good old days 😎

Just Drive It
Posted 24th May 2020 at 22:13
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
rallyestyle wrote:
Oh the good stuff! Those were the days...

If there is one statement that rings true its that the customer is always right, regardless of whether they are or not. Stick to that and the good will outshine the bad.

Let's hope this gets sorted out between the two parties and everyone can get back to taking the p**s out of each other like the good old days 😎
YES

Gone are the days of calling everyone a c**t

Posted 24th May 2020 at 23:01
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #18
aaron6 wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

Back in the day, yes the forum was all about Banter. I was here back then probably earlier than most. Nothing wrong with calling someone a c**t when it’s good natured fun, I think the reality of what I’m trying to stop is somewhat different.

Team Negative Camber!
Posted 24th May 2020 at 23:53
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #19
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

here here, the cars come first here.
Posted 25th May 2020 at 10:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
RallyeP6 wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

Ohh ?
That’s where I’m going wrong ...and why I’m skint Whistle LOL LOL
Posted 25th May 2020 at 11:21
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
RallyeP6 wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
aaron6 wrote:

They do indeed. Finished articles preferably. LOL

Only kidding, I know what you mean, but no case has been started yet so it's not affecting one.

Posted 26th May 2020 at 11:22
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #22
I feel at this point I should put my 2p's worth in, (although it is nothing to do with anyone except the chap who has the issue and our business) I also respect the forum's owners/admins wishes so I keep this brief.

We had a fairly rocky experience throughout the job with the person involved, obviously some individuals will choose to back him no matter what they hear. I will say that communication came to a stop due to not being able to peacefully resolve the situation, the accusations were becoming more and more frequent and so at this point we felt the need to follow simple legal guidelines - the customer then informed us he would be taking us to court so based on legal info we told him we would deal with him once he has an engineers report from a registered firm (not 'my mechanic friend') It has been over 6 weeks since we heard from him....
It seems many don't realise there are procedures that must be followed, if anyone thinks they have been ripped off etc then they have numerous options.
I would like to add, after hearing all sorts of rumours that the engine/turbo conversion in my own personal car DOES NOT belong to anybody else, the various parts were from previous cars I owned and my turbo is actually a Chinese clone of the Ga**ett version!. Personally im not interested in what other peoples views are on the matter, I fully understand the band wagon is so tempting to jump on!
Posted 26th May 2020 at 15:06
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
Well hopefully he'll get a proper report done and the whole debacle can be sorted one way or the other.
I just don't understand quite why the car overshot the deadlines to finish. I know you'll say its none of my buisness though, and that's your prerogative.

Posted 26th May 2020 at 22:09
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #24
Thread locked.

Team Negative Camber!
Posted 26th May 2020 at 22:47

This thread has been locked