displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Back in a blue 6
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #1
Now, a lot of you will either have seen this via the Facebook page or maybe the Detailing World projects section but....

I'm back in a blue 6. Funny how things come around as I started out in a blue.6, albeit Nile rather than the China one I'm in now.

It's an X plate Ph3, 4 owners, 124k and pretty clean. It's Laurent Garniers (Tony's) old 6. Still has a couple of mods like Rich W flywheel, roller bearing wishbone bushes, lowered and I suspect uprated rear beam but otherwise std. As with all my cars, I spent an entire weekend detailing it when I got it. Came up ok...

It's actually supposed to be a daily. I've a new job, much closer to home so have taken the car allowance rather than the car.

There have been a few jobs to do on it but nothing major. Suspension will be getting changed for standard, including the bottom arms, once this lockdown is over, I've a standard airbox to replace the k&n filter and I've bought a scorpion system to put on as the OEM exhaust is blowing in a couple of places and although it may well just need rehanging, a decent stainless system is the way I'll go as I'll keep the system that's on it for the Rallye....

Full project thread here for anyone interested.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 3rd May 2020 at 20:48
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Looks great Ben ...well done Thumbs up
Posted 3rd May 2020 at 20:39
99rallye

Regular