• Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: lots

displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: 1998 Citroen Xsara vts
vts_gav

Regular

Post #1
Xsara vts lots of mods and most std parts too.
Been dry stored for a few years and always started and ran often, finally got time to to work on it, went to pullit onto ramp and timing belt has jumped a tooth. not worth putting money to repair that.
It was far too good to break but that has ruined that.

offers.
gavinjacques@yahoo.co.uk is my email if you want some info
Posted 6th Mar 2021 at 11:14
Carl GTI

Junior User

Post #2
Can you list the mods?
Apart from the timing belt, are there any other issues with the car?
Posted 5th Apr 2020 at 09:03
vts_gav

Regular

Post #3
Hi, There were no faults with the car, it had been dry stored for a few years and was put away in good condition. I was bringing it back onto the road, the timing belt had not been that changed long before it was put away. I was putting new brakes giving it a full service and would have been taking it for mot.
It had been run on a regular basis buit the fuel packed up. It wouldnt start after that but a quick clean of the injectors and some new seals and it purred. I had all stuff ready and went to start it to pull it a few feet forward and crunch lol. I have lots of new genuine parts and many good used spares that you just cannot find. ( leather interiod, door cards new center consol with working plastic hinges, parcel shelves, coil packs etc.
Mod wise it has had a K&n fitted about 2002, Devil decat and miltek exhaust about 2008. It has been lowered front and rear. It has 17inch team dynamics monza r's and spacers so it sits bang on. Custom casaba front strut brace. It has an uprated fuel regualtor. It has custom gauge setup of backlit gauges, vacuum, boost..... had planned for it and fuel pressure. It has a custom made rear spoiler that is a low level wrc type that does not look in your face.
Underneath its solid as it was always a second or third fun car so was garaged lots but also well cared for.
I was going to put a new heater matrix in as it was old and ocasionally their was a wiff of steam in vents but no loss of coolant. underneath was solid just a tiny bubble on one sill. Drivers seat had unfortunatly just worn through. Aircon would last for about 4 years before needing a top up.
It also has a great jvc flip style mp3/cd and mp3/cd changer fitted with the right bits so it worked through the steering wheel, jbl speakers, twin 12" subs and 3 amps, power cap etc.
I aslo have original manual, all original parts ( airbox thats not rusty) stereo etc, aftermarket cat and center section and original backbox only used for mot's. Original handbook reciepts and full history lol.
Im sure their is more but i cant remember, just heartbroken really but not prepared to throw more money back into it for rebuilding what was a cracking 70k original engine as it wont have the value there and 4K or whatever a boosted setup goes for is pointless.
Posted 5th Apr 2020 at 20:50
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #4
Really? Circa £600 for a refurbed head, fitted......I'd be considering that on a 70k engine.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 6th Apr 2020 at 07:20
crossy

Post #5
You have a pm
Posted 6th Apr 2020 at 14:44
vts_gav

Regular

Post #6
Ben_W wrote:
Really? Circa £600 for a refurbed head, fitted......I'd be considering that on a 70k engine.

Its still a 22 year old car and engine thats the dilemma and as we all know a good vts is worthless compared to a gti6, but even those are not worth much too.
Posted 7th Apr 2020 at 20:06
blackmamba

Junior User

Post #7
Is this still available
Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 16:28
vts_gav

Regular

Post #8
Hi yes sorry this is still for sale
Posted 14th Jul 2020 at 14:22
vts_gav

Regular

Post #9
Any sensible offers welcome.
Posted 27th Jul 2020 at 12:32
Tguedes98

Post #10
How much are you asking for the car mate?
Posted 5th Oct 2020 at 07:11
vts_gav

Regular

Post #11
Car needs to be gone the whole lot including many no longer available spares and many as new parts.
It will be going to the scrap yard as I have lost my storage.
My email is at the top because I cannot get private messages on here.
Needs to be gone by 31st of this month.
Posted 25th Mar 2021 at 10:24
vts_gav

Regular

Post #12
£750
Posted 28th Mar 2021 at 22:16
Carl GTI

Junior User

Post #13
So tempted to get this but I'm not going to be able to get up there/source a flatbed in time. Cry
Posted 29th Mar 2021 at 14:43
vts_gav

Regular

Post #14
How quick could you source one?
Posted 29th Mar 2021 at 18:41