displaying posts 51 to 57 of 57

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: X915GDK - China Blue Phase 3 GTi6
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #51
All the badging I'll need, new and OEM too!

Thanks to eBay and Mr Chambers

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 2nd Apr 2022 at 09:29
alcon

Senior User

Post #52
Ben_W wrote:

In other news, I managed to find the correct 306 badge for the rear, just needing the Peugeot script now, still available new it seems for £20. I'll wait until I've had the paintwork underneath the o/s rear light sorted, as undoubtedly they'd have to come off for that.

The design of the badging on the back of the 6 really was rubbish when you look at it. Really just a collection of what was lying around.

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 2nd Apr 2022 at 11:50
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #53
alcon wrote:
Ben_W wrote:

In other news, I managed to find the correct 306 badge for the rear, just needing the Peugeot script now, still available new it seems for £20. I'll wait until I've had the paintwork underneath the o/s rear light sorted, as undoubtedly they'd have to come off for that.

The design of the badging on the back of the 6 really was rubbish when you look at it. Really just a collection of what was lying around.

Yeah, it was a bit odd. The 306 badge especially, and then the size difference between that and then the GTi and the 6 badges...

Posted 2nd Apr 2022 at 12:22
panosbr

Post #54
Ben_W wrote:
So after the above work, I'd gotten to a point where I couldn't really do too much more, at least not at home on the drive. Replacing front suspension (shocks &springs and then wishbones), and handbrake cables (amongst a list of other jobs) is far from ideal trying to to it at home.on your drive. Add in the fact I'm struggling with Carpal tunnel and twirling ratchets is rapidly becoming a pain (literally), I called in the CG Cars cavalry.

Car got picked up a couple of weeks back after a while, (I'd told him there was no rush, because there wasn't), I got the message on Sunday asking was I around that afternoon as he was heading in to finish it off. The list of jobs was quite extensive:

OEM struts and springs fitted to replace the units with lowered springs
Roller bearing wishbones removed and replaced with OEM arms
Lower strut brace removed
New rear caliper and filled and bled the brake system
New handbrake cables
Fitted an undertray
New starter motor (which I suspect the old one was the cause of the battery drain)
New cambelt (belt only....whole kit got done 5 years ago but the car has only covered approx 2k since, so pump and tensioner were still fine, but I didn't trust a 5yr old belt)
Rehung the exhaust as I think I'd disturbed it swapping out the beam)
MOT
Swapped out a couple of other bits and fitted a couple of missing parts

Clean and beautiful GTI6 , hope you will enjoy it for many years!

May I ask , if you are running on 195/50/15 ? After looking the photos with the OEM strut it seems to have a big "gap" between the wheel and the arch;

Also , would like to ask if you have taken a measurement of the height in front now that the car is OEM again.It is correct the data I have that height from jacking point it should be 141mm?.
Posted 10th Apr 2022 at 09:32
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #55
Yes, I'm running 195/50/15 tyres.

I haven taken an measurements, I can do if needed?

Posted 11th Apr 2022 at 12:10
Joep

Regular

Post #56
Stunning GTI6!

As for tyres, I would go for the more expensive 195/55R15. These fill the arches quite a bit more and the wheels do not look to small. Also comfort wise there is a huge difference between 195/50 and 195/55. I was surprised by the difference!

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 11th Apr 2022 at 12:23
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #57
Thanks guys.

I may look to change to 195/55 tyres in the futy, assuming I keep it that long, but for now, the car has a very good set of Pilot Sport 3's with lots of tread, so won't be doing anything any time soon.

I finished the detailing at the weekend......really pleased with how it looks now. Also added Ph3 badges to the doors but everyone has seen those on Facebook so won't repost here!

Posted 11th Apr 2022 at 14:27

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]