displaying posts 51 to 75 of 147

Pages (6): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Mike Blands Race Car
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
I’m hoping for some news in next week or so seeing as msa released some updated guidelines but if no racing I may just book on that day as getting rare nowadays to see other Peugeot’s out
Posted 19th May 2020 at 20:42
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
matty_rallye wrote:
Day666 wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
prism7guy wrote:
Who is the trackday organiser for said day?

Slip and Grip automotive I think they are called. It’s only £155 for a full day which is pretty good!

Matt this you ?

https://flic.kr/p/2j3DJhV

Yes, probably 10 years ago!

Is yours still the same car as in your spec? I.e 194 @ wheels? Just for info do you have any idea of what times you do round Combe at that spec
Posted 19th May 2020 at 20:40
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Day666 wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
Day666 wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
There’s a well priced day at Combe on the 27th of July that a few of us are doing!

Blimey hello stranger Thumbs up
I see your Ashley is getting his 205 ready also ...like the good old days at Combe Thumbs up
Hopefully I’ll pop up for a nose

Hello!Thumbs up
Yes mine was off the road for about 9 yrs but back up together now. Ash’s isn’t too far off either now. We’ve both booked the day plus Pete with a HB gti6 and a another lad with a nice 205. Should be good!

Fantastic I’ve put the day in my alarm calendar Thumbs up
I can remember when Pete bought it and Ash had the fun job of sorting it out Matt LOL
Pete also disappeared LOL

Mike Bland we defo need to turn up m8 ....even to watch Thumbs up

May just do that allthough depends if they relax rules as no spectators on trackdays at min
Posted 19th May 2020 at 20:43
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #54
blandy wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
Day666 wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Slip and Grip automotive I think they are called. It’s only £155 for a full day which is pretty good!

Matt this you ?

https://flic.kr/p/2j3DJhV

Yes, probably 10 years ago!

Is yours still the same car as in your spec? I.e 194 @ wheels? Just for info do you have any idea of what times you do round Combe at that spec

Used to be about 1 min 21 I think but that was pre circuit being tarmaced. Lap times are a bit quicker since they’ve resurfaced, so I’m told. Yes specs still the same pretty much.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 19th May 2020 at 20:47
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
Nice would love to pop along and see it in action 👍
Posted 19th May 2020 at 20:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
blandy wrote:
Nice would love to pop along and see it in action 👍

Brilliant Mike

I recon things by then will be more relaxed ...fingers crossed guys Whistle
Posted 19th May 2020 at 21:28
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
matty_rallye wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Cheers, i'm pretty tempted to get myself booked on Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 19th May 2020 at 21:49
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
prism7guy wrote:
matty_rallye wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Cheers, i'm pretty tempted to get myself booked on Thumbs up

Steve you better hurry up it’s nearly Full Thumbs up
Posted 19th May 2020 at 22:25
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Few more bits off the list bolted the spoiler back down with new bolts as lost half the old ones taking it off. Ordered up a wheel rack for my trailer as my home made wheel carriers mean I can’t run a winch and well.... because race car I thought I’d better have a winch on there lol so just waiting for that to turn up. Gave the car a once over as not looked it over properly since last outing and found passenger side driveshaft gator split, so had that off and fitted a new boot from the spares box.

Fitted some covers on the + battery connections as advised when the car was looked over by a scruiteneer.

Positive news is a lot of race series are hoping to get going again in July with new measures which will mean no spectators etc but better that than nothing at all, but that all depends on how the next month/6 weeks go so fingers crossed.

Posted 23rd May 2020 at 18:52
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
Have you got yellow tape around your negative battery lead? I was picked up on that once

Rallye Race Car
Posted 23rd May 2020 at 21:10
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
Na ordered some though he said the same to me when I got them t have a quick look over it at the last trackday, had never heard of that one before.
Do you have a fuel break coupling? He said it wasn’t a big issue but advised?
Posted 23rd May 2020 at 22:02
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
I don't, no one has ever picked me up on it so not that bothered about it either

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th May 2020 at 07:53
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
That’s what I though thanks. He mentioned it as “should have one .. really” but not many do and tbh I’m sceptical of fitting one as just another thing to go wrong lol
Posted 24th May 2020 at 09:06
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #64
the yellow marking on the battery negative was one of the first things I'd learnt from car prepping, but it was from a rally perspective with stage car experience so they get scrutineered for a logbook before even entering a race.

a dry break fuel takeoff is easy to add if you have full braided fuel lines already, torques sell a kit with the takeoff tube as well, just fits inline on the feed.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th May 2020 at 10:06
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Thanks I’ll have a look on torques as yes everything braided an6 at the moment so will be easy that way I guess.
Posted 24th May 2020 at 12:45
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Transponder turned up this week so officially have all I need to actually race.

Have put name down to race in July but big numbers of competitors means I’m on a reserve list 😢 (didn’t realise I could have put my name down months ago and pulled out if didn’t want to race) but having seen a few comments it’s likely A few will drop out so fingers crossed will get in.
Other option is may opt to race in saloons if don’t get in hot hatch as after all this first year I’m just hoping to get out on the grid, get used to it and have some fun so as long as there’s something similar paced out there that’s all I want as not going to be anywhere near the front in either format
Posted 7th Jun 2020 at 18:31
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
Will just told me you have spoken to him ?
He recons loads aren’t doing it now ?
Said he thinks you will get in Mike Thumbs up
Posted 8th Jun 2020 at 18:58
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
Not for a while last time we spoke he was fitting the satchshift for lee. Yeah I think it should be ok but is what it is I just want to get the first race under my belt etc so not to fussed what format it is lol
Posted 8th Jun 2020 at 20:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
blandy wrote:
Not for a while last time we spoke he was fitting the satchshift for lee. Yeah I think it should be ok but is what it is I just want to get the first race under my belt etc so not to fussed what format it is lol

Yes.... I was there on day one helping and showing him how I did mine because as I’m sure your aware 306s are as difficult to fit as a Satchel shift can be LOL
It was his first though Whistle
He was surprised how much more difficult the twin skin floor can be with the heater box in than the 106 Thumbs up
Posted 8th Jun 2020 at 21:28
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
Yeah it’s drilling the hole that’s the hard bit, especially with dash in etc so don’t envy that job. 205 was a piece of cake really. I’ve done my share of fitting them though having 2 on the 306 in its history lol
Posted 8th Jun 2020 at 21:40
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
blandy wrote:
Yeah it’s drilling the hole that’s the hard bit, especially with dash in etc so don’t envy that job. 205 was a piece of cake really. I’ve done my share of fitting them though having 2 on the 306 in its history lol

Did you do yours with the dash in and Heater box in Mike ?
We had Wills full ramp and took the subframe on and off 8/9 time’s Thumbs down
Posted 9th Jun 2020 at 19:08
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
Na no dash and no heater etc hence not to bad but still pain trying to get the hole in the right place
Posted 9th Jun 2020 at 19:16
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
blandy wrote:
Na no dash and no heater etc hence not to bad but still pain trying to get the hole in the right place

You lucky bugger ...Will said to start with (never again) LOL ...to start with I was helping him on day one but originally he was talking about removing the dash / heater box ...but with two of us ...massive help And didn’t need too thank god
Posted 9th Jun 2020 at 22:21
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
New addition turned up this week
CAE shifter 😀

Few bits to do to get it fitted so won’t be in the car before the first race which is scheduled for start of July.
Posted 18th Jun 2020 at 18:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
blandy wrote:
New addition turned up this week
CAE shifter 😀

Few bits to do to get it fitted so won’t be in the car before the first race which is scheduled for start of July.

Good luck Thumbs up
Get it fitted LOL
Posted 18th Jun 2020 at 20:33

Pages (6): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last