displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Uprated Brakes
vts_gav

Regular

Post #1
Hi, I'm after a set of uprated calipers/discs if anyone still has some about still.
Its to go on my (sorry) vts that im putting back on the road after its hibernation.
There is nothing wrong with the std brakes but I always thought they were poor for the car. Its one of the first cars in the country so has a different set of calipers/discs to the later shapes.
Im running 17s so no prob with fitament.

Pm me if you have some please.
Posted 19th Jan 2020 at 18:10
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
refresh the standsrd stuff and they're more than fine, I'm running oem brake pads with 240 bhp on a road car.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Jan 2020 at 20:46
vts_gav

Regular

Post #3
I've had the car since 2002 and have ran various combinations from genuine discs and pads to upgraded fast road pads and cheese graters but have never found a set that lasts especially when used on track etc, they all seem to fade real quick.
I even fitted a new compensator then re adjusted that to increase rear bias.

My calipers are the girlings with 283mm discs which only seemed to be used on the early vts's they were totally different in my phase 1.5 (vreg) and 2.5(03reg).

The brakes on the 03 without the compensator were much much better.

Is it just not worth the hassle to fit the bigger kits.
Posted 19th Jan 2020 at 21:45