displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Water pump / stat brands
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Anyone able to confirm what OE brands Peugeot used for these were? Or whether there are any good ones out there you've used recently?

I have a feeling the pump was Valeo. Peugeot want mega money for these parts now, WP £72 and thermostat £48 plus a £5 gasket! Sad

ECP/CP4L are full of dubious brands and GSF don't even tell you what brand you're getting.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 13th Dec 2019 at 10:20
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Earlier this year i bought the skf timing belt kit with waterpump from buycarparts.co.uk which is basically autodoc as thats what the boxes all say for shipping.
The waterpump from memory is branded as skf and whilst i dare say it's not as well made as the previous ones i've bought genuine from Peugeot it's leaps and bounds ahead of the vetech one i picked up from gsf years ago.

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/skf/1365887

They also list just the skf water pump on its own for around £24.

I also bought a thermostat, i can't remember which brand i went for but it was around a tenner and im pretty sure it came with the seal in the kit, if not they're under £2 for the seal on that site anyway.

The nice thing with that site is they list loads of different manufacturers for almost any item you might want and the prices are very reasonable, the down side is the parts seem to come from Germany and take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

I'm sure i paid over £100 from peugeot for my last water pump which is why i've started shopping elsewhere, felt like i'd had my pants pulled down after that purchase! LOL

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i think the skf kit came with a paper type gasket for the water pump, so i also ordered one of them pressed metal ones seperately as i prefer them to paper, might also be worth doing similar if thats the route you choose to go down.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Dec 2019 at 17:32
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I actually got a faulty pump from Peugeot last time resulting in don't the belt again. The bearing sounded awful from new.

I just got an Ina timing kit from ecp with discount, so need a pump and a stat. I found autodoc, they had meyle and behr stats for decent money but Valeo pump still a bit pricey and out of stock atm. But out of touch for what's decent and was just curious what people used. I've had poor heaters ever since fitting a new matrix and I suspect a combination of the s**tty stat (temp wanders) and a bit of air in the matrix.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 13th Dec 2019 at 17:52
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I have a few motaquip versions in stock.

Eurepar? I think that's how you spell, is now peugeots budget branding, and last time I bought one was £54ish

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 17th Dec 2019 at 12:53