displaying posts 1 to 18 of 18

Author Subject: MAP Sensor values in Lexia?
Bakov

Post #1
Hello i want to know is this normal or not, in Lexia i see 0970mbar, in weather sites atmospheric pressure in my city is 1020mbar, when i start engine values are near to 330mbar/idle. In last two months I have issue, sometimes my engine cut off, MAP Sensor was changed and values was the same, before one week i found damaged wire, the wire was fixed and values that i see now are this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIzvxxglHA ,atmospheric pressure in my city at the moment was 1019mbar but engine problem is not fixed. Between MAP`s pins 2 and 3 i have 4.9V, Can you tell me is this normal to see differences between MAP values and real atmospheric pressure and how much. Thank you and sorry for my English
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 07:33
aircool

Post #2
Morning

Don't rely on a weather forecast site for current atmospheric pressure as it is measured at a point not near your self and potentially at a different altitude and different time (its probably cached and provided every 15 minutes).

Does the car drive ok?
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 08:47
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
map value is for the intake manifold, so nowhere near atmospheric as thees an engine sucking air in past it.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 09:02
Bakov

Post #4
After ECU reset everything is fine for a while , but when the engine warms up 70 degrees or above, sometimes rpm at idle goes up and down with 50 rpm or stuck at 1100. ICV is brand new. Can you tell me what are normal values from MAP sensors when engine is not running
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 09:41
miki4

Regular

Post #5
Do you still have the problem with the engine cutting out? When does that exactly happen? Just staying in idle or when disengaging the clutch e.g. while approaching a crossroad?

Is that a genuine Marelli ICV? Your MAP values seem right so I wouldn't focus on them although it could still be an (intermittent) wiring issue. If you only have problems in idle and it's running fine otherwise, everything MAP related should be okay! Have you checked for air leaks after the throttle body?
Posted 28th Oct 2019 at 11:50
Bakov

Post #6
The ICV is ERA and my problem is not fixed yet...engine cut off after 60 degrees, sometimes at idle sometimes at high RPM. Тhe diagnostic tool cannot find any fault,
Posted 28th Oct 2019 at 18:44
IvayloPavlov

Regular

Post #7
MAP value ~ 0.94 when ignition on or full throttle+low RPM and 0.35 at idle. If decelerate you can see even as less as 0.15 value.
Posted 29th Oct 2019 at 14:09
miki4

Regular

Post #8
What exactly do you mean with cut-off? Maybe you could upload a video. I mean, at high rpm the engine still rotates.
Posted 31st Oct 2019 at 00:08
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
miki4 wrote:
What exactly do you mean with cut-off? Maybe you could upload a video. I mean, at high rpm the engine still rotates.

He means the engine stops firing so no throttle response so it dies.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 31st Oct 2019 at 07:38
Bakov

Post #10
miki4 wrote:

0:24 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU3Ydy8djuo
Posted 1st Nov 2019 at 04:50
Joep

Regular

Post #11
Does not sound like a ICV issue. Sounds more like it is restricted in fuel flow or something like that.

Starts normal? Did you change the fuel filter?

And in the movie from the opening post I see that air temp. is over 40°C. That is quite hot. But I am not an expert on these values, so maybe someone else can tell us if this is normal yes/no.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 1st Nov 2019 at 09:44
Bakov

Post #12
The car starts normal. The fuel filter is new.The air temp is too high, I have not seen values like these before
Posted 1st Nov 2019 at 17:48
Joep

Regular

Post #13
I would change the sensor that measures air temp.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Posted 1st Nov 2019 at 21:40
miki4

Regular

Post #14
You could also try and just unplug the sensor. The ECU does only minor corrections based on the value from the air intake temperature sensor.

Keep in mind that there is also a filter in the gas tank itself at the fuel pump intake.

Have you checked the cam and crank position sensor and their wiring?

How did that problem even arise? Even though the idle RPM is fluctuating a little bit it seems like the engine is either running "okay" or cutting out, nothing in between, isn't it? That would make a wiring / sensor problem more likely.
Posted 2nd Nov 2019 at 19:04
Bakov

Post #15
Thanks guys, sorry for my english. Air temp sensor was replaced today, but i still have a problem with my XU10J4RS engine. I don`t have filter in my tank, because the engine is placed in to 205. Engine was swapped before 2 years and everything was fine until last two monts. I don't know why, but the problem just came up. To fix the problem I replaced these parts: Fuel pump relay-used, fuel filter, fuel line, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump -2 times used, spark plugs-new NGK, injectors - used with new O rings, igntion coils - used, MAP sensor - used, ICV used Mareli and new ERA, Water temp sensor-new, crankshaft sensor - new, air temp sensor - used , oxygen sensor - used and no damaged cables and connectors to all parts. inertia switch and power steering pressure switch are briged. Immo is off. Cam shaft sensor is not cheked, only wiring , but i don't think this sensor can stop the engine. Sometimes after an unexpected shutdown, I hear a constant clicking from the fuel pump relay.
P.S. Is this can work?
Posted 2nd Nov 2019 at 22:49
Joep

Regular

Post #16
Switch the NGK for Bosch spark plugs. I know many in the UK disagree with me, but in the Netherlands we only have issues with NGK in stock RFS engines.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Posted 3rd Nov 2019 at 06:27
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Bakov wrote:

P.S. Is this can work?

What are you trying the achieve with the relay?

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 3rd Nov 2019 at 11:23
Bakov

Post #18
A simple 4-pin 25A relay was installed today, now the injectors and coils are powered with +12V separately via this relay and earth from ECU. The relay is controlled only from ignition key, in this moment i think thath my engine runnig well, The original double function relay is still there to power other parts from the system
Posted 3rd Nov 2019 at 18:23