displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Transmission leak
Qbar56

Post #1
Hello there,

Trying to sort out some oil leaks on 1998 GTI6, initially thought it was speedometer o ring but still a leak around bottom bolt of diff housing case, where right shaft enters. Usually drive an old 98 Auto 306, so my descriptions may not be spot on.

Yet to get my head around posting a photo as yet, hopefully sort that out soon.

Cheers,

Tony.

A Barkwith
Posted 1st Oct 2019 at 01:16
ale624

Regular

Post #2
Yeah, my 98 Rallye was leaking from the seal you described. they are available from Peugeot for not very much.

if you dont have a ServiceBox account, create one and stick your VIN in, great resource for finding Part numbers/prices!

I got a garage to install mine as i needed some other stuff at the same time!
Posted 12th Oct 2019 at 20:17
Qbar56

Post #3
Thanks for the reply, sorry for late response, need to change clutch so wasn't so keen to post photo, as will get this leak sorted at same time. Still yet to get to grips with photos via the recommended photo hosting site.
Will get there soon.

Cheers Tony

A Barkwith
Posted 27th Oct 2019 at 08:14