• Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: Sony headunit

displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 2001 Citroen Xsara VTS
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #1
2001 Phase 2 Citroen Xsara VTS.

77k with stamped history book up to 68k. 12 months MOT, passed this week with no advisories. Engine has had a cambelt change but unsure on date/mileage. Rear beam not seized and has no visible camber, nor play in the trailing arms.

Silver, completely std aside from an aftermarket Sony stereo, and generally very clean indeed. It even has the correct sized 195/55/15 tyres all round. It's had a cambelt on it at some point, but I don't know when. Service interval on the Ph2 Xsara is 50k for the cambelt.

Bodywork in very good condition. Couple of small marks in line with age but nothing serious and nothing that detracts from the overall appearance. Interior also in very good condition, driver's seat bolster is not worn out like most of them.

I'd bought this unseen from a friend as another one to break. However, when it arrived, immediately it was clear it was too good to break. He had bought it from someone in Cornwall, where it had been part of a small collection by all accounts. It needed a couple of little bits. Spare wheel cage was missing and hook seized. Replaced both of those with spare parts i had. 20mm spacers all round were removed, aerial base and aerial replaced and it generally got given a good clean. MOT'd this week by Carl Grimsley.

It's a pretty nice car actually. Drives nicely, performs well as expected and is pretty clean indeed. Fairly rare now with only approx 150 of circa 1400 made across the two phases left. Open to sensible offers fairly close to the asking price.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 28th Sep 2019 at 06:39
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #2
Sold

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now