displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Dunlop Direzza DZ03G's
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I've ran Toyo R888's and Nankang AR-1's in the past on the track car, in 195/50/15 and had no issues.
I'm thinking of giving the Dunlop Direzza DZ03G's a try, upon looking into it a bit further they only come in soft in 195/50/15, but medium in 205/50/15.

I reckon i'd kill a set of softs too quickly so they're off the table, my main question is will i have any clearance issues running 205/50/15's on my 7" wide Pro race 1.2's? I read somewhere that despite them being labelled 205 width they actually measure closer to 212mm. I can't remember the et of my wheels but i think they're et15 or 18 or whatever is typical for fitting them to 306's as i don't need to use any spacers.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 19th Aug 2019 at 20:27
barrym

Senior User

Post #2
Haven't used them yet but I have Damiens old direct fit TD1.2's and 205/50/16 DZ03g's. They don't seem to have any rubbing marks on them but I will def have to adjust my suspension as they will replace my 195/50/15 AD08R's

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 20th Aug 2019 at 19:05
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I've ordered a set so i'll report back if i have any issues Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 20th Aug 2019 at 20:59
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Please do .. my last day out had seen the end to the r888r’s I’ve been using, so considering going to a 205 width also running 7” wide pro race
Posted 20th Aug 2019 at 21:56
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Well i've had them on for a little bit. Just to make sure I didn't encounter any issues i removed the rear arch liners and theres no evidence of any rubbing on the inner our outer sidewalls back there.
It looked like there may be space with the liners fitted but one of mine is worn away from a previously failed bearing allowing the previous tyres to rub.

There's no point commenting on my fronts as the custom wishbones push the wheels forward pretty far so it's nothing like a std setup.

They seem like a mega tyre though so far, they seem to have a decent amount more grip than the Nankang AR-1's i was using but they seem to let go a bit more violently once past their limit. In that sense the Nankangs seemed more progressive, however i was using a different pair of coilovers along with the Dunlops so that could have had a little to do with it, and it could just be that i hit a small patch of fluid causing it to let go so quickly/violently, perfectly catchable though.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 25th Sep 2019 at 17:06