displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Fuel Leak, my options
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #1
I'm new to the forum as per my post in general section a moment. This will be the first of many novice questions to you experts on here, hope you don't all mind. I will always try the search facility first to answer my questions to avoid repeats. So here goes my first technical post.

I noticed a fuel leak from the fuel lines which connect to the green and white right angle cube connectors on the left hand side top of engine. I understand from my search this is a common area of weakness. I didn't notice this when i viewed the car before I bought it, but the car has sat before my ownership for long periods of time so guessing the fuel lines have dried out and my recent use has exposed the dried out weakened fuel lines.

I'm keen to keep the car as close to original as possible if possible. Can you get replacement plastic green and white cubes with pre-cut lines from Peugeot still? Or is it worth up grading and doing away with the connectors?

Thanks for the help.

Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 16:02
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #2
Not quite sure why the picture doesn't want to display! Crazy
Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 10:56
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #3
Welcome along pugfrank. I'm fairly new here too.

Peugeot provide a useful tool known as 'service box' you can enter your vin and see exploded diagrams + part numbers. Parts listed a nfp are 'no further prodution' so unless a dealer somewhere has that part on the shelf then you're probably going to have to find an alternative.

The Peugeot museum in France is a good call fo some 'nfp' parts as they roundup old stock from Europe. They also do a few reproduction parts although mainly for the 205 at present.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 14:35
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #4
Hello S8-Tom,

Thanks for the tips I will look into this service box you mention. Is it just a question of running new lengths of fuel hose without the 90 degree cube connectors? Does anyone have any pictures they can post?

Can anyone suggest an online supplier I can get all the correct components in one shop? I would rater not give my business to Halfords but don't have a local motor factors in my town anymore. Ebay im not confident in know ijmm buying the correct safe grade fuel hose etc.

Cheers
Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 16:28
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #5
I bought these to replace the short sections to the fuel rail:

10mm
8mm

I think 8mm & 10mm is correct but best check.

Also got some Norma Cobra clips to clamp them with. Available from Advanced Fluid Solutions

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 17:12
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #6
Great thanks S8-Tom I will have a look later.
Posted 6th Aug 2019 at 08:03
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #7
Had a look yesterday and it looks like 10mm ID hose only on the last 50mm just before it connects to rail. Is this correct?

Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 08:40
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #8
pugfrank wrote:
Had a look yesterday and it looks like 10mm ID hose only on the last 50mm just before it connects to rail. Is this correct?

That's correct Thumbs up

Most of us on here have replaced the lines from where they enter the engine bay underneath the brake master cylinder, it totally avoids the leaking cubes issue.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 20:29
pugfrank

Junior User

Post #9
Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Posted 8th Aug 2019 at 15:42