displaying posts 1 to 25 of 27

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: You tube
lee306rallye

Regular

Post #1
Has anyone seen the gti6 lap on you tube that's just came out anyone on here was a great lap

https://youtu.be/9qCmwCnNeMA

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=163869
Posted 2nd May 2019 at 19:42
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
He certainly knows how to peddle the car, not sure i'd be pushing it so hard myself though without at least a roll cage fitted. It only takes the smallest of mistakes there to turn into a disaster!

I'd love a ride in his passenger seat though none the less Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 2nd May 2019 at 20:09
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #3
Yeah I've seen that on fb this week.
Thought the same - pushing pretty hard - esp for a cage-less car. Looked like he knew his way 'round mind.
Posted 2nd May 2019 at 20:36
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #4
Yes

That's the one I shared to the FB page. He clearly knows the track, can pedal a car very well indeed and got 101% out of that car. Look at the oil and water temps by the time he'd finished. That engine is giving all it can.

Its clearly a quick car but he's gone.about it the right way. Engine is mostly STD but suspension and braking much uprated and it's undergone a diet I could do with following if I'm honest.

Either way, it's clearly a very very capable package and really underlines the potential of these cars.......an 8:17 lap is very, very impressive indeed.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 2nd May 2019 at 22:37
reese

Junior User

Post #5
Thanks chaps, glad you enjoyed the lap!

Agreed, it's time for a cage and I'm starting to look at my options. Will look to see if I can get one sorted for the next trip in October.

I like the simplicity of keeping the engine standard for the time being, it's fun trying to extract everything available!
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 00:08
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
have you bent the throttle pedal to ease heel/toe? Real credit can certainly pedal it brilliant watch
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 17:32
reese

Junior User

Post #7
blandy wrote:
have you bent the throttle pedal to ease heel/toe? Real credit can certainly pedal it brilliant watch

Thanks bud! The throttle pedal is placed quite awkwardly for heel toe isn't it. I haven't done anything to modify it, I just give it a lot of heel LOL
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 18:51
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
I’m trying to get the hang of it but struggling lol no way near your level yet lol
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 21:58
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #9
reese wrote:
blandy wrote:

Thanks bud! The throttle pedal is placed quite awkwardly for heel toe isn't it. I haven't done anything to modify it, I just give it a lot of heel LOL

Fair play, I wondered the same. Don't find it easy on the 306 pedal box, but judging by your video I'm not 'committed' enough!
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 22:00
ale624

Regular

Post #10
God damn, that was Beautiful! Amazing lap!
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 23:13
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
When i wear my DC shoes in my daily with a normal pedal box i can wedge my foot between the brake and throttle pedal with the sole on the brakes and the top of the shoe on the throttle and wiggle the foot to get the right amount of throttle and brake. In the track car i bolted a piece of aluminium to the throttle pedal to extend it to make life easier Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 3rd May 2019 at 23:25
reese

Junior User

Post #12
ale624 wrote:
God damn, that was Beautiful! Amazing lap!

Cheers bud!

prism7guy wrote:
When i wear my DC shoes in my daily with a normal pedal box i can wedge my foot between the brake and throttle pedal with the sole on the brakes and the top of the shoe on the throttle and wiggle the foot to get the right amount of throttle and brake. In the track car i bolted a piece of aluminium to the throttle pedal to extend it to make life easier Laugh

Haha, I find that method works on cars where the brake pedal is very hard but on anything else I find I end up braking hard and accelerating at the same time LOL Any pics of the pedal mod?
Posted 4th May 2019 at 12:48
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
The first image i stumbled across from my project thread, there may be others in there but you can see exactly what i've done:

IMG_5134 by Steve Count, on Flickr

Goldie the track car.
Posted 4th May 2019 at 15:00
reese

Junior User

Post #14
prism7guy wrote:
The first image i stumbled across from my project thread, there may be others in there but you can see exactly what i've done:

IMG_5134 by Steve Count, on Flickr

Ah I'm with you now Thumbs up
Posted 5th May 2019 at 13:17
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
reese wrote:

Agreed, it's time for a cage and I'm starting to look at my options. Will look to see if I can get one sorted for the next trip in October.

I like the simplicity of keeping the engine standard for the time being, it's fun trying to extract everything available!

Your always flying in that beasty lol

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 6th May 2019 at 18:57
reese

Junior User

Post #16
hovis16 wrote:

Your always flying in that beasty lol

Cheers bud LOL
Posted 7th May 2019 at 21:20
jon boy

Regular

Post #17
Now on pistonheads
Posted 8th May 2019 at 13:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
First thing I did to my 1.4 was strip the pedal box and put new pivot bushes in and adjust the throttle pedal 'cause it the weird height spacing annoyed me for heel and toe, and it had loads of slop side-to-side as standard LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 8th May 2019 at 14:09
rwgti

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
That is some lap with standard power! Awesome vid. Do you have a background in Karting etc? Getting a lot of praise on Pistonheads!! I know Steve (prism7guy) did an 8.06 last summer. That’s the fastest lap of the ‘ring in a GTI 6 I’m aware of.

Team Astor Grey Supercharged GTI 6

Posted 8th May 2019 at 19:40
reese

Junior User

Post #20
rwgti wrote:
That is some lap with standard power! Awesome vid. Do you have a background in Karting etc? Getting a lot of praise on Pistonheads!! I know Steve (prism7guy) did an 8.06 last summer. That’s the fastest lap of the ‘ring in a GTI 6 I’m aware of.

Cheers mate. No background in karting but started driving young and practiced as much as possible. Yes, seen Steve's lap, it's a goodun! These cars are definitely capable Thumbs up
Posted 8th May 2019 at 20:51
jeb

Regular

Post #21
reese wrote:

Sublime lap. Do it again!

205 GTi; 306 XSi; 306 Rallye; P3 306 GTi-6; 208GTi bPS
Mk1 Golf GTi; Mk2 Golf GTi; Polo G40
Posted 8th May 2019 at 20:58
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
When are you next out there?
I've booked the trackday on the 20th of September, it would be good to have another gti6 to play with Big grin

Goldie the track car.
Posted 8th May 2019 at 21:57
reese

Junior User

Post #23
prism7guy wrote:
I've booked the trackday on the 20th of September, it would be good to have another gti6 to play with Big grin

That'd be wicked. I've booked onto the next Circuit Days track day there on October 14th. Who's the September one run by?
Posted 8th May 2019 at 22:59
rwgti

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
reese wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

That'd be wicked. I've booked onto the next Circuit Days track day there on October 14th. Who's the September one run by?

It’s through Schnelle Schwaben. We’re out there with a few lads that week. Here’s the web link if you are interested:

https://shop.schnelleschwaben.de/nos200919.html

Team Astor Grey Supercharged GTI 6

Posted 9th May 2019 at 17:33
reese

Junior User

Post #25
rwgti wrote:
reese wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

It’s through Schnelle Schwaben. We’re out there with a few lads that week. Here’s the web link if you are interested:

https://shop.schnelleschwaben.de/nos200919.html

Nice! Unfortunately my wallet hasn't got 3 Ring trips in it this year. Got any UK days planned?
Posted 9th May 2019 at 19:18

Pages (2): [1] 2