displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Locks clicking
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #1
My Rattlye central locking has started to make a clicking noise when locked and left.

It sounds as if the locks are activating, but doesn’t actually unlock the door. Often notice it when I walk past it on the drive.

I have given the doors a good slam and tried leaving each door and the boot open in turn to see if one of them is causing it but doesn’t appear to make a difference.

Some times it appears to go for a while without doing it. Perhaps moisture somewhere or something.

The thing has a Clifford alarm which I lock from the Clifford fob. Still does it when I lock it with the OE remote.

Any ideas before I break the bas**rd?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 13th Apr 2019 at 17:38
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
    Solenoids? My mate had same issue on a Golf and was told that was the problem when P/X'ing it and dealer spotted it didn't lock.

Or fractured door looms wires?

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 14th Apr 2019 at 17:38