displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Lynx S/C manifold cracked
miki4

Regular

Post #1
Just prepping everything for the low boost conversion on my 6 and noticed a circumferential crack in the welding on one of the inlet runners on the Lynx inlet manifold (second hand). On further inspection I found there are hairline cracks on or next to every weld line that joins the runners to the plate that mounts to the cylinder head. Did anybody encounter this before? I want to take it to a welder but now I worry that the manifold will bend if it needs to be welded that much and make it worse. Most of the hairline cracks don't go through but I suspect they will sooner or later. Any tips what and how I should do?

https://imgur.com/a/HqCwb92
Posted 9th Apr 2019 at 12:15
miki4

Regular

Post #2
Nobody?
Posted 10th Apr 2019 at 11:04
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #3
I'd get hold of Rich W at Lynx if it's one of his and ask for his opinion etc. He may have seen this before.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 10th Apr 2019 at 12:48
miki4

Regular

Post #4
Thanks. Just now PMd him and hope he will get in touch.
Posted 10th Apr 2019 at 13:00