displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Throttle position sensor and steppermotor
Joep

Regular

Post #1
Hello all,

As my XSi-6 idles erratically, I am after a TPS and steppermotor. Anyone, a spare that they would like to sell and ship to the Netherlands?

Thank you all in advance!

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 2nd Apr 2019 at 08:17
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
Are you sure it's not just an air leak?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 2nd Apr 2019 at 16:22
Joep

Regular

Post #3
I haven't done the brake cleaner trick yet. But all hoses look very well.

Yesterday, I unplugged the battery for an ECU reset. Tomorrow I will check if this will already be enough.

But after watching a movie of the erratically idling engine, my mechanic told me rightaway it will be the steppermotor or maybe TPS.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Posted 2nd Apr 2019 at 16:46
miki4

Regular

Post #4
Hi Joep,

most probably I will find an ICV and a TPS in my spare parts. I changed them shortly after I bought my 6 to improve throttle response and to solve some unplesant jerking when coming off throttle, which however was most probably caused by an air leak and an old lambda. Thus, the ICV should be in good condition and the TPS is definitely fine as I tested it i.a. with some headphones and an audio signal.

I will be driving to Lanaken this week, probably on Thursday. Unfortunately, I won't have much time for fiddling about, although I would like to. But I can bring you the parts and you can see if they make an improvement. Smile
Posted 2nd Apr 2019 at 23:13
Joep

Regular

Post #5
Hi Miki,

That would be great! Will you take the 4 (E314) all the way to the Belgian border? Or will you you take the A79 to Maastricht first?

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 08:08
miki4

Regular

Post #6
I will take the 4 up to (/down to / as far as to [maybe someone could tell me what's the right preposition in this case?]) the Belgian border (Maasmechelen). I can leave the motorway at the junction before, that would be right next to Urmond. Smile I still don't know when exactly I'll start but it will be sometime in the afternoon. Maybe at 2 pm. Will you be around at that time? Otherwise we can meet later, Lanaken isn't far away. I will PM you my mobile, that'll be easier.
Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:30