displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Rebuild kit for beam
goldfish

Junior User

Post #1
Hi,
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to go for my beam, I've seen these on the bay, are they for a 6 beam...
http://https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-306-309-CITROEN-REAR-BEAM-AXLE-Trailing-Arm-REPAIR-KIT-added-seal/123666125833?hash=item1ccb135409:g:w8QAAOSwJH1ZIcxP
Posted 21st Mar 2019 at 10:26
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
personally wouldn't touch that kit!

is everything in the pic what you need?

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 23rd Mar 2019 at 14:17
goldfish

Junior User

Post #3
quote:
[quote="jord294"]personally wouldn't touch that kit!

is everything in the pic what you need?

To be honest, I haven't got a clue what I need, and advice would be welcome. I have also pmd you mate.
Posted 23rd Mar 2019 at 22:23
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I can supply all genuine parts or premium quality pattern parts and genuine.

Are you after mounts aswell?

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 26th Mar 2019 at 07:30
goldfish

Junior User

Post #5
Yes, I don't know if I want solid though, I'm only using it on the road so I don't know what would be better really.
Posted 26th Mar 2019 at 09:15
miki4

Regular

Post #6
I don't have a comparison as I haven't driven a 306 with solid mounts yet but in my opinion a 6 with freshly rebuilt suspension all round including wishbones and new rubber rear beam mounts handles very well on the road. In my case it is lowered -40 mm on the front with H&R progressive springs and Bilstein B8 dampers and about -30mm on the rear with Bilstein B6' and a rebuilt beam with partly quality pattern parts and partly OE stuff. Very happy with it. Others can probably tell more about if it's worth to upgrade to solid mounts on a road car.
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 11:03
Nose

Senior User

Post #7
I've just got my Rallye back after a long period off the road. She's basically had a full resto but in that I've changed all the suspension components on the car, but only for standard replacements. Not sure on your budget, but if you can I'd get in touch with Andy - jord294 above, discuss what you want and let him build it for you. I think I remember I spoke to him on the Friday/early Saturday, I was on my way to his to pick it up on the Sunday afternoon! I'm just running standard replacement suspension all round, standard, not solid rear mounts, standard BOGE gas rears shocks and Bilstein standard replacement front shocks with standard coil springs and I must say she handles VERY well indeed in my opinion for a standard set up. Some of the guys on here have some very serious track cars with phenomenal handling abilities, but if like me your just going to use it on the road I really don't think you can really fault the standard set up Rob.

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 13:18
goldfish

Junior User

Post #8
Nose wrote:
I've just got my Rallye back after a long period off the road. She's basically had a full resto but in that I've changed all the suspension components on the car, but only for standard replacements. Not sure on your budget, but if you can I'd get in touch with Andy - jord294 above, discuss what you want and let him build it for you. I think I remember I spoke to him on the Friday/early Saturday, I was on my way to his to pick it up on the Sunday afternoon! I'm just running standard replacement suspension all round, standard, not solid rear mounts, standard BOGE gas rears shocks and Bilstein standard replacement front shocks with standard coil springs and I must say she handles VERY well indeed in my opinion for a standard set up. Some of the guys on here have some very serious track cars with phenomenal handling abilities, but if like me your just going to use it on the road I really don't think you can really fault the standard set up Rob.

My problem is I'm in Australia so shipping a beam here is quite costly, the price of the beam is great but shipping Thumbs down
Posted 30th Mar 2019 at 08:13
Nose

Senior User

Post #9
Poor excuse RobLOL ahh yes that would be a bit expensive matey - sorry, I didn't notice the Aussy bitCrazy

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 30th Mar 2019 at 08:34