displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Knocking from rear end?
ale624

Regular

Post #1
Hey guys,

Recently my Rallye has started knocking from the rear end. There doesn't seem to be any specific pattern to it, I can go over bumps at any speed and it might knock or it might not.

Hard turns don't seem to make it happen either. I just seems to be totally random as far as I can tell.

I replaced the beam mounts probably a year and a half ago now, so know what bad mounts sound like, and im pretty sure it's not them.

I've checked the mounting bolts are still tight, checked my lug nuts as well...

Anyone have any ideas? Due for an MOT this week to boot...

Cheers,
Alex
Posted 6th Jan 2019 at 15:28
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Try checking the bolts that nip the arb end plates to the arms. Mine used to make a bit of a click noise if they weren't nipped up tight enough.

quote:
Goldie the track car.

[quote="rikky"]never trust a man in a nike hoodie. i used to wear nike hoodies when i used to be a bad man, and i was not to be trusted.
Posted 6th Jan 2019 at 16:36
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Could it be the back box?

S Reg Diablo Standard Spec
R Reg Nile Standard Spec
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 7th Jan 2019 at 20:11
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Could be the brake compensator nut catching the brake pipe bracket
What the others have said
Also check you shock mount bolts etc

Make sure it’s not something random in the boot
Is the scissor jack still in there ?

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 8th Jan 2019 at 21:40
ale624

Regular

Post #5
Thanks guys! will have a look at all these when i get the car back from some welding its needed to pass the MOT Sad (driver side wheel arch)

knocking didn't cause me any issues on the MOT front which is nice. Tester did spot that my wheel has been rubbing slightly on the wheelarch, so my rear-beam will need replacing at some point as the actual arm seems to be slightly bent! *sigh*

Anyone know where i can get a redone beam from? (are the GTI6's any different than other 306's?)

before i threw it in for its MOT i did notice the handbrake cable was not seated in its little holder (near the caliper), so i'll see if that makes a difference as well!
Posted 9th Jan 2019 at 22:50

2000 Toyota Corolla Auris SR-180

• 2200cc
  • Red
  • 71,000 miles

£5,495