displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 306 Race Car suddenly not starting
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #1
OK forum members.

Did the last Rockingham race meeting; practice and Race 1; car ran brilliantly. Drove into parc ferme. Left the engine running. Scrutineer told us to turn our cars off. 10 mins later, told we could go. Nothing; didn't want to know.

Wouldn't tow start. had fuel in the car. Crank sensor and fuel relay [behind the ECU box] replaced. Still nothing.

installed a push button starter and removed the ignition key etc in September; have run it many times. No problem starting; always started first time, on the button.

Young Mr Chambers has been really helpful and thrown a few possibilities into the ether. The Motorsport garage I tend to use is going to send the ECU away to get it checked to see if it has locked itself for some odd reason. locked

Anyone near Corby got a spare ECU I can try ? Anybody had the same experience?

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 20th Dec 2018 at 17:13
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #2
Can't be too hard to get a better idea of what's wrong?

Fuel/air/spark.....which ones missing?

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 20th Dec 2018 at 19:28
ale624

Regular

Post #3
quote:
[quote="Ben_W"]Can't be too hard to get a better idea of what's wrong?

Fuel/air/spark.....which ones missing?

Yup. find which one is not happening and go from there!
Posted 23rd Dec 2018 at 19:23
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #4
You still got the immobiliser installed?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 26th Dec 2018 at 16:01
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #5
HNY gang.

I can report that the none-starting problem seems to now be solved. New fuel relay and Crank sensor didn't sort it so the ECU was sent off to a place on the Isle of Wight. [ Avilec Ltd ]

Turned out the ECU had locked itself because Mr Stupid had left the immobilizer modem still plugged in, despite disconnecting the key, aerial etc. Never gave any problem when I did it but it had to choose a good race meeting to play up (bit like my ex-wife ).

It has now been removed and Avilec have dis-engaged the imobiliser part of the ECU so it cannot work. They are bench testing it today and we should have it back in the next few days.

Got to say big thanks to Carl Chambers for his help and advice to a 306 newbie ! That bloke has forgotton more than most people know, except for perhaps Seb in Scotland !

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 14th Jan 2019 at 16:43