displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Possible fuel pump relay problem
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #1
Guys

I need your expert guidance. Was competing in the Rockingham send-off saloon cars race yesterday. Car ran well in Quali and in Race 1.
However, pulled into parce ferme, after race 1, and sat there with the engine running, all OK
Scrutineers told us to turn off our cars. Went to restart the car 10 mins later; Zilch; Nada !!

The dash showed the orange engine light on. engine turned over but would not go.
There was enough fuel in the tank There was a fellow 306 racer there watching. He was really good and had a quick look over it and suggested it could be the crank position sensor.

Someone also suggested it could be the fuel pump relay. I have had a look through FAQ and just need a little help.

Can someone post a picture of where I can find it please? My race car is based on a 1999 GTI-6 with a 6-speed box.

Any other help/advice gratefully appreciated !!

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 25th Nov 2018 at 16:36
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Posted 25th Nov 2018 at 20:05
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Duel relay is bolted to the back of the battery box 8mm nut
Behind the ecu chap

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant