2000 Peugeot 306 GTi6

• 2000cc
  • Red
  • 92 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Sep 2016

Modifications: Bluetooth radio/CD player, otherwise standard.

displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: 2000 Peugeot 306 GTi6
sim61

Post #1
SOLD for the asking price.

Hi everyone,

I have owned this car for over 11 years, since August 2007. It is all original and has not been abused.

Until August this year it was my daily commuting car, 11 miles round trip, and some weekend use. It is extremely reliable.

92,300 miles. MOT to Oct 19. Full service history. Lots of documents, invoices etc. All MOT's back to 2004, so only one MOT certificate is missing. I am the fifth owner.

Cambelt done at 26K in January 05 by a previous owner. At 58K in August 07 and again at 86.5K (with water pump) in Sept 16 by me. In my ownership the engine has never been opened and I believe that it wasn't before I purchased the car. It starts on the key, the engine oil stays really clean and no white sludge on the oil filler cap.

All gears working perfectly. Clutch was replaced at 58K in August 07. It is getting heavy now, I suspect that the clutch cable needs replacing. I believe they dry out as the cable runs close to the exhaust. This cable was last replaced in Sept 09 at 65K so I guess it is due. I have only noticed this today really, as my new car has a much lighter clutch pedal!

Exhaust replaced at 82K in March 15. Four good tyres (Vredesten Quatrac 5 - four season) in Oct 14 at 81K, plus two spare used Michelin Exalto with about 4mm tread.

Almost all service and maintance during my ownership has been done by Car Prep, that is until John and David retired.

Modern DAB radio/CD/USB music unit with Bluetooth for hands free phone and music, upgraded speakers with a small subwoofer in the boot. I have never had the original unit.

Now the bad bits:

Some lacquer peel on the roof. Some wear on the drivers seat bolster. Stone chips on the front and one or two paint scratches as would be expected. None of it is too bad. With a clean and a polish, it comes up really nicely.

Front dampers do need replacing. I have thought about doing this, but, at the moment, have decided that a new owner might prefer to replace with their choice of damper. With new dampers fitted, I would be asking more money... The existing dampers and front springs where replaced in Sept 09, at 65K. I did expect the dampers would have lasted longer.. but some of the roads round here are not so great, and I guess I hit a pot hole too hard.

More pics and details on Pistonheads.

Car is currently SORN'd. But I am happy to tax the car for test drives. I would need to see appropriate insurance for that.

Thanks for looking
Simon
Posted 6th Dec 2018 at 16:28