In all honesty I like doing stuff myself, it's just the frustration of it all that gets me.
In the last post I had the torsion bars in the original beam soaking in PlusGas. This worked reasonably well as the method of extraction, some 12.9 grade bolts and a socket, was successful.
I popped out the bearings in the original tube just to see what was going on. Here's a picture of the worst bearing. You can clearly see where the trailing arm shaft has worn through the outer shell.
I now had:
Knackered beam tube.
Knackered trailing arms.
Good 20mm torsion bars.
Spare beam still assembled.
Hoping that the spare beam was in a usable state I set to with the same methods of disassembly as previously.
Hmmm, ARB end-plates were a bugger to remove. Bolts in end of torsion bars were a bugger to remove. Torsion bars themselves were going nowhere; I snapped all of the 12.9 grade bolts I'd bought.
I fished out some M16 stud I had and made a puller.
Nope, that didn't work either. Off to see a chap with the right tools for the job and he had the torsion bars out in 10mins (I definitely loosened them though).
I was relieved to see the trailing arms in good shape. This one in particular would be reusable.
Bearings weren't bad either.
The trailing arms from the original beam have had their shafts and stub axles removed and I've also got the ABS sensors out without too much grief. Everything is now with the powder-coater and I'll await the call to go and collect.
In the meantime I've got new handbrake cables to fit and a driveshaft seal to replace.
________________________________________1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale