displaying posts 126 to 129 of 129

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]

Author Subject: T343 KGF Red Rallye
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #126
This morning the car was collected to have the last bit of bulkhead rust removed and some new metal let in to replace it.

I'd given up on Sean. Last contact was 9th June when I followed up on my previous conversation about getting this done on 2nd April. No doubt his work is top notch but I can't wait any longer as I need the car for the August Bank Holiday weekend.
The guy's that did the work are local, they called me when they said they would, picked the car up on time and returned it within a day!

A functinal repair that'll spend the rest of its life behind the dash following some Zinc primer, seam sealer and a top coat of something. The wheel well side of things will get the same + some stone chip.

In other news, driveshafts have been de-rusted, treated and painted. N/S is actually back on the car but I thought I'd leave the O/S out as the welder may have needed the hub etc out of the way. Whilst the car was out today I replaced the intermediate bearing and the ring that you hammer to release the shaft from the carrier (the old one was a bit mashed-up).

On to re-assembly!

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
Posted 16th Jul 2020 at 15:51
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #127
Reassembly is almost complete and I might try and fire her up this afternoon Hyper

Driveshafts went back in and it's looking pretty good from underneath.

Had a bit of a nightmare getting the exhaust heatshields back on. Had to drop the subframe again to get access but that made fitting the cat a million times easier anyway so all good.

Interior is all back in and the instrument cluster lights uo with no nasties!

Finished off a job I've been doing in the background. Skirt rivet holes enlarged, corrosion treated, top coat of Cherry Red and some stainless rivnuts ala Mik.

Posted 30th Jul 2020 at 13:02
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #128
It's been a bit of a week working on the Rallye.

Brakes have been a nightmare to bleed, probably because of all the new pipes in the engine bay and those running to the front wheels. Took 3 attempts to get the ABS pump bled and have everything working.

Noticed a small fuel leak from the supply line at the fuel rail. Replaced the section, and all of the cubes, with a single length of hose. Whilst the line was 'open' I managed to spill a significant amount of fuel in to the engine bay. I washed it all down with plenty of water but the paint has dulled in some places.

Possibly due to the fuel spill and water, my alternator died on a test drive. The battery was obviously low as well so I was left stranded until the RAC showed up. At least it wasn't as bad as the poor sod who'd broken down just around the corner from me. He'd ruptured his sump after smashing through a pothole!

I've had a modified fuel rail sitting around for a while and the leak + less than ideal fix prompted me to order some hose and AN-6 fittings to get the rail on and plumbed in.

Mocked it up today. Rail needs painting and injectors need putting in but it's looking tidy!

Posted 5th Aug 2020 at 15:57
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #129
Looking great Tom Thumbs up
Keep the pics coming m8
Posted 5th Aug 2020 at 18:20

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]

Adrian Flux