displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Wheel bearing and track use
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My car seems to be struggling with wheel bearings. Just done a 2nd track day after fitting a new bearing to the drivers side and already getting some play in the bearing itself.

The car is driven pretty hard and track use only this time both days were done at Combe hence hitting one corner harder. Ball joints are fine obviously I need to check the hub out but anything else to look for? Or is there anything better/uprated I can do.
Posted 4th Nov 2018 at 09:01
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
quote:
[quote="blandy"]My car seems to be struggling with wheel bearings. Just done a 2nd track day after fitting a new bearing to the drivers side and already getting some play in the bearing itself.

The car is driven pretty hard and track use only this time both days were done at Combe hence hitting one corner harder. Ball joints are fine obviously I need to check the hub out but anything else to look for? Or is there anything better/uprated I can do.

Where you buying them from ?
I had big issues with Euro ...bought Gen SKF from authorised dealer after speaking to SkF direct who said fakes are about... of SKfs
Posted 4th Nov 2018 at 17:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Mike how did you get on at Combe ?
Leak sorted ?
Car go well ?
Posted 4th Nov 2018 at 17:47
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah euros and eBay so could be the issue

Done few laps to warm up everything and bed in my new pads then a couple of proper laps. Came in and was pleased as no oil at the top. Only to find a puddle underneath Sad
Turns out dipstick tube had come out as was always loose, popped it back in and tied it down and was good all day so all good in the end.

Had to get towed in mid day as oddly ignition toggle switch failed going into quarry, car just died and switch was all floppy. Apart from that was pretty good.

Not so much of a fan of my gearbox ratios though with the new engine so might look to build something again over the winter
Posted 4th Nov 2018 at 19:56